Hacking For the 3-in-1, which is a better program?

suppachipmunk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have recently ordered a couple of 3-in-1's for a friend and me. I was just curious as to which program loader is better for all-purpose functionality. The main purpose is for the opera RAM and the GBA games, not so much the rumble.

I did a search, but couldnt find this particular question and answer. Just thought I would get some opinions.

Thanks in advance.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rudolph's Tool or NDStation (depends if you like a loader, or individual listings). RAM isn't much of an issue as a patch is easier to use.

suppachipmunk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply. Either a loader or individual listings is fine with me. I have heard some good stuff about Rudolphs. I believe his program is run from the NDS Slot-1, whereas NDStation is run from a computer app.

I am guessing I would have to patch the Opera ROM in order to use the RAM correctly? Would I DLDI patch it, or is there something specific that must be used?

I have an R4 as a slot-1 if that helps.

Thanks again.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NDStation is a computer program to package GBA roms into NDS ones so that they can be seen as individual files. Rudolph's Tool is a loader, so it has a (not so nice) GUI.

There is a browser IPS patch to be used to enable RAM

If you use Rudolph's Tool with the R4 you may skip patching the browser, however patching is simple and it isn't that great loading 3in1 Tool each time

suppachipmunk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. This will prove really helpful when my 3-in-1 arrives.

I will take your advice on the IPS patch for the Opera browser and I will try out both NDStation and Rudolph to see which may fit me better.

I have found http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=525 This works only on G6, M3, and SC. Do you posibly have a link for a patch with the 3-in-1?

Thanks again.

EDIT: Nevermind, think I may have found it. http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hello kitty ds is required