For people with the batch 1 Cyclo's

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by DespizingU, Jun 21, 2008.

Jun 21, 2008
  1. DespizingU
    OP

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm about to order me a 4gb A-Data Class 6 from Newegg. And I have one of the first batch Evo's, that came with the blue card reader. Now I'm guessing that card reader will work with this A-Data, right? Since the Evo is a microsdhc cart.

I was just going to order a microsdhc reader off of Newegg, but the only one that I really see is a Transcend reader. And there's only one review for it, and the person said something like the reader hardly worked. And since my blue reader that came with my Evo still works, I guess I'll just use that.

But anyways, I'm just about to order this microsdhc, so I just thought I would ask here real quick if the reader is sdhc compatible, since the TC forums are down.

Thank you for any info.

EDIT: Well, never mind. I found this bundle at DZ-Tech(I'd rather order from here anyways since I've bought from them before), and it comes with a microsdhc reader. So I'm just going to go with this just to play it safe.

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The pre-included reader will read SDHC, but most people would advise not to use it since the blue reader from batch 1 tends to corrupt/erase MicroSDs.

3. DespizingU
    OP

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ah. Thank you very much for the response DeMoN. I ended up ordering an A-Data that comes with a microsdhc reader, just incase the blue didn't work. So I'm glad I made this move now since the blue reader could erase all my data.

Thanks again.