Gaming For (not banned yet) people, next month Switch online wont be free anymore.

maxx488

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So this is the reason why this motherf****rs delayed dark souls... so people had a reason to pay for their trash online... f*** you nintendo

Theokan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in it just for the retro online gaming. Stuff like Balloon Fight, Battle City, Ice Climber, Mario Bros(not Super), etc.. A lot of retro arcade games are great with 2 players and this is the first time officially you can find people to play with online, without using PC emulator/mod. I don't think people realize how revolutionary that is, some of those games are 30+ years old and they never made an online version until now. If I can play Snes Metal Warrior online on the switch that would be so nuts.

--

Last edited by Theokan,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically I'd have sysNAND completely clean and untouched and then emuNAND completely offline and do whatever I want. Based on the way banning is happening now, I'd be safe enough to where I wouldn't worry about it. Obviously things can change but as it stands right now I've seen no evidence that Nintendo can detect RCM mode (especially in something like Hekate that deletes the boot reason) in current firmwares so I see no reason the setup I described wouldn't be safe.
well if your main nand is banned your emunand will be aswell

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well if your main nand is banned your emunand will be aswell
Yes but if your main NAND is clean and you never take your emuNAND online then it'd be theoretically impossible to be banned (unless of course they end up detecting RCM in future firmwares or something).

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I play quite a bit of Splatoon 2, so I'll be paying. I also enjoy an occasional online game of Mario Kart 8 and it'll be nice to play online when Smash Bros. and Pokemon come out. I think paying for online services on consoles is stupid, as I don't have to pay a dime on PC, but at least $20/yr is not that tough a bullet to bite.

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Where the f*ck did people get the idea that there are only a few online Games on the switch?
Just out of my head from the games that I have...
3rd Party:
- Neo Turf Masters (online Leaderboard)
- Zed Blade (online Leaderboard)
- Pinball FX 3 (online Leaderboard, "Matchmaking/Ladder System")
- That other Pinball Collection that recently released of which i forgot the name (online Leaderboard)
- Sonic Mania / Sonic Mania Plus (online Leaderboards)
- Rocket League (can this be even played offline?)
- Paladins
- Fortnite
1st / 2nd Party:
- Mario Tennis
- Mario Kart
- Splatoon 2
- Mario Odyssey (Balloon hunt)

And by the way: The free to Play games (Fortnite / Paladins) should work even without a subscription.
If you dont believe me check the eShop - e.g. Mario Tennis states that online will require an paid account in the fine print at the booooootom of the page.
Fortnite / Paladins does NOT have this fine print.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where the f*ck did people get the idea that there are only a few online Games on the switch?
3rd Party:
- That other Pinball Collection that recently released of which i forgot the name (online Leaderboard)
- Paladins
- Fortnite
1st / 2nd Party:
- Mario Tennis
- Mario Kart
- Splatoon 2

And by the way: The free to Play games (Fortnite / Paladins) should work even without a subscription.
If you dont believe me check the eShop - e.g. Mario Tennis states that online will require an paid account in the fine print at the booooootom of the page.

Boy am I happy to have hacked two switches.

Reactions: maxx488

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
3rd Party:
- Paladins
- Fortnite
1st / 2nd Party:
- Mario Tennis
- Mario Kart
- Splatoon 2

counting online leaderboards as online games... those things wont need paid online either way...

what will need paid online are the actual real time online games, leaderboards and such never needed not on sony or microsoft consoles so i doubt nintendo forces that stupid idea.

so basicaly if free games are still free and leaderboards don't require susbscription your paying for

- Mario Tennis
- Mario Kart
- Splatoon 2
- Mario Odyssey (Balloon hunt)(this isnt even real time online either i doubt it requires paid online)

then you will get pokemon and smash i guess afew months after.
also pinball games.... who cares really.

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People who grew up with arcade games like me obviously.
But tastes differ, i can see your point in online leaderboards being not important for the mayority of people.

Interesting that Leaderboards won't need paid online service...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
People who grew up with arcade games like me obviously.
But tastes differ, i can see your point in online leaderboards being not important for the mayority of people.

Interesting that Leaderboards won't need paid online service...
also i bet mario odissey wont need it too since its not real time multiplayer either but i could be wrong tough.

Kyuuketsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not banned...

But I'm also not paying to play online, unless I really have to and the chances are some games will still be free to play online without a subscription (as with some titles on the PS4). B-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.