Gaming For (not banned yet) people, next month Switch online wont be free anymore.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Jesus, noone mentioned Mario Kart or Splatoon yet?

I love Mario Kart, however its a lot more fun playing split screen in the same room as the people your racing against.

Given I own the game on the Wii U and its £40+ on the Switch, it's not something i'm looking to buy again then pay to play online.

zaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
For people "waiting on Emunand"

No devs are openly considering doing this any time soon.
Your best option at this point is to regularly backup and swap Nands.

Keeping one "clean" and the other for offline only.
Yes it is a pita, but it is the only currently viable solution you have :)

not even atomsphere? what's the point of atomsphere without emunand?

Skittyusedcovet

Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will get it. It will be mostly for Pokemon though. I thought I heard there would be game discount offered, but I might have heard wrong.:unsure:

Edit: I haven't hacked my switch and no plans for it. I might buy another Switch to hack in the future.

Last edited by Skittyusedcovet,

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Not interested in online play and I don't think spending £15-20py on cloud saves and (as of now) 20 NES games is worth it.

Maybe if the service improves, I see it discounted or I start wanting to play online.

Last edited by tech3475,

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not banned yet. Or i don't tknow. Not sure.

But since i'll be banned soon, i'll never give them a single buck.

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmmm.. $60 a year for Monster Hunter World online or $20 a year for Generations Ultimate a year. I wonder which one I'm gonna end up going for :unsure:

In all seriousness though, they better make it worth the money. If Wii and WiiU were any indication, I don't particularly have much faith in the Switch's online

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basically I'd have sysNAND completely clean and untouched and then emuNAND completely offline and do whatever I want. Based on the way banning is happening now, I'd be safe enough to where I wouldn't worry about it. Obviously things can change but as it stands right now I've seen no evidence that Nintendo can detect RCM mode (especially in something like Hekate that deletes the boot reason) in current firmwares so I see no reason the setup I described wouldn't be safe.
Correct me if I'm wrong but if emuNAND is a clone of your sysNAND, the online headers, console ID . etc are the same. In which case, getting banned on either will get you banned on both. The only real benefit is probably bricks.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Correct me if I'm wrong but if emuNAND is a clone of your sysNAND, the online headers, console ID . etc are the same. In which case, getting banned on either will get you banned on both. The only real benefit is probably bricks.

He want to say that he will always go online with clean Nand and go offline with "hack" Nand, so Nintendo never know he a hacked switch.
(if clean Nand is completely separated from hacked nand, other wise it would not work that way)

Reactions: fadx

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have no need for online. never enjoyed mario kart online and the splatoon characters make me ill.

i downloaded fortnight when it came out, but i also didn't like it. i really get no joy out of playing with people i don't know irl.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
nope nothing for me to play online. prob getting the sx os soon and they can keep their shitty online i'll just download whatever i need
pir8.gif

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: Armadillo

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Only monster Hunter would interest me. I think quite a lot of people would pay for it if they'd unban you for it I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup