Gaming For (not banned yet) people, next month Switch online wont be free anymore.

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll pay for it whenever emuNAND comes around so I can actually use it without the risk of it being a complete waste.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not yet, but I'll probably pay eventually

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll pay for it whenever emuNAND comes around so I can actually use it without the risk of it being a complete waste.

emunand doesn't safe you from bans. only a second console does

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not yet, but I'll probably pay eventually

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

emunand doesn't safe you from bans. only a second console does
Basically I'd have sysNAND completely clean and untouched and then emuNAND completely offline and do whatever I want. Based on the way banning is happening now, I'd be safe enough to where I wouldn't worry about it. Obviously things can change but as it stands right now I've seen no evidence that Nintendo can detect RCM mode (especially in something like Hekate that deletes the boot reason) in current firmwares so I see no reason the setup I described wouldn't be safe.

Reactions: InsaneNutter
D

Deleted User

Depends on how many cheaters there are once online services become paid for.

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I didn't have 7 others to join the family plan with me, I probably wouldn't have paid the single membership fee.

noahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you think if you're banned they will stop you from paying for online service? It seems like a stupid move, but they also banned eshop usage because of piracy which seems equally stupid.
Of course they will. Anyone with CFW has potential for cheating online. It doesn't matter if you actually cheat online, they'll ban everyone who could cheat before the few that actually will do.

The last thing they want is legitimate customers avoiding purchasing online because it's filled with hackers. And there are a lot more legitimate consumers that would avoid a purchase because of cheating than the number of people who will get banned to prevent it.

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i for sure will. my main switch is untouched and should be safe and wouldn’t mind paying $20 to co tinue splatoon2 online and other stuff it may come with

AdamFX990

Confused Humanoid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's all of four games I'm aware of that have online multiplayer: Fortnite, Mario Kart, Rocket League, Splatoon. Obviously, I know more exist but I couldn't tell you what they might be. I haven't played Splatoon, but the other three I wouldn't want to play online even if it were free. Its kind of the like the 3DS for me in the respect that I think of it as a local co-op machine rather than an online one.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's all of four games I'm aware of that have online multiplayer: Fortnite, Mario Kart, Rocket League, Splatoon. Obviously, I know more exist but I couldn't tell you what they might be. I haven't played Splatoon, but the other three I wouldn't want to play online even if it were free. Its kind of the like the 3DS for me in the respect that I think of it as a local co-op machine rather than an online one.
There's Paladins. It's also an online game.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
For people "waiting on Emunand"

No devs are openly considering doing this any time soon.
Your best option at this point is to regularly backup and swap Nands.

Keeping one "clean" and the other for offline only.
Yes it is a pita, but it is the only currently viable solution you have :)

Reactions: aerios169

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY