For Honor's Starter Edition is free to keep for a limited time

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 23, 2018.

Front-page
    header (1).

Last year saw the release of Ubisoft's For Honor, a game that managed moderate to negative reviews on launch, which would see Ubisoft attempt to improve the game in the months after release. A major content update titled Marching Fire is due out soon, and with it will come some changes, such as an arcade mode, which you can play on your own, or in co-op. Four new playable characters will also be added, alongside a breach mode. If you want these features, you'll need to buy Marching Fire, which is a $29.99 expansion for the game, which will release on October 16. In order to get a larger playerbase for when that expansion launches, Ubisoft will be cutting the price down on For Honor's base version, which will now be free for a limited time. Those on Xbox One (Games with Gold subscription needed) or PC (free on Steam) will be able to get the game for free, and keep it permanently, so long as they claim it between August 22-27.

:arrow: Source
    :arrow: Free, on Steam

Discussion (15 replies)
  1. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    well my PC is a shit but it's still a free game : )

2. JellyPerson

JellyPerson https://discord.gg/BMVma8j

Banned
    Jul 26, 2017
    Korea, North
    Pyongyang
    This game always intrigued me, and now it's free. Might as well give it a go, you can't really complain when it's free.

milomc123 likes this.
  3. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Adoptive father of my kitty named Zelda

Banned
    GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Back with kitty Zelda forever :D
    yay, I always take free warez... I mean, games... :D

4. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Chary, I've told you this before, but there's already a sticky in the PC section made by me for these things, no real need to make new posts and flood the news section for just a mediocre game going free for a little while... I see you post these things on here and sure, it could be considered "news", but with how many other news posts there are every day this just helps bury some that could be a bit more important, don't you think?:P No hard feelings, thanks for posting anyway, missed this so haven't posted about it myself, but no matter how mediocre a game it is, a freebie is a freebie:D

77Urmel77 likes this.
  5. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    I got this game for free with my graphics card. Didn't really like it. But, might as well get it free on steam instead of uplay

6. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Addict

Nov 11, 2013
    Delete, gbatemp acting up

7. fatsquirrel
    This message by fatsquirrel has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 23, 2018.
    Aug 23, 2018
  8. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    It's an awesome game, too bad they have some extreme balance issues. Or at least, did last time I played when dedicated servers were introduced.

Wtf are you talking about? No one cares about your shitty thread dude. It's a tripleA title temporarily becoming free. That's newsworthy to plenty of people. Your own opinion of the game is also entirely irrelevant.

9. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Still unbalanced :(. They have been reworking the original characters to try and bring them inline with the later dlc additions, but overall it's still massively unbalanced :(.

10. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Since it's a limited time promotion, for a major AAA game, I think it's more than reasonable to be counted as news. I've done this long enough to know what does and doesn't count as news, and seeing as the first comments in the thread are people who didn't know this was a thing, and you yourself claimed you missed it, I think that proves its place on the portal, already. And I mean...what's the logic in saying things shouldn't be covered because covering news takes away from other news?

11. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Well, AAA or not, it's a game with mostly negative reviews overall (mixed only on Steam), so special treatment is kinda not something it should get:P What I meant wasn't that it takes away from other news, it's just that on the front page there's a limit to how many can be shown and unless you set that to pretty high, you are likely to miss something big when so many are made each day, that's all.

What's with the tone and calling my thread shitty? I made it for EVERYONE as a collective thread for these things and it's even a sticky just so people can post there instead of making new threads for every single game that goes free. AAA or not, all games should be treated equally, this isn't a AAA-sponsored site you know... As for "my" opinion on the game, I guess "my" opinion is the exact same as almost 80% of all people who have played it... Only reason Steam is "mixed" and not worse is because most people early on got it on Uplay, not Steam, but if you check the forums on either you will see there are a lot of issues with this game. Anyway, instead of trying to insult me for wanting to help keep the forums tidy by having dedicated threads to things, just don't, simple. I just don't want the news section to get full of temporary things. Once this expires, the entire thread becomes useless, no real point.

77Urmel77 likes this.
  12. JazzCat.CL

JazzCat.CL GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    Chile
    hey, it's free!

13. raphamotta

raphamotta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2013
  14. Dimensional

Dimensional GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    Texas
    Yeah. No. No thank you Ubisoft. I'd rather play Superman 64.

15. chartube12

chartube12 CPT Chazz 713

Mar 3, 2010
    United States

First time I have ever seen you post here on the temp. So whatever thread your talking about, I never seen it. I bet that goes for many members! Also insulting the admin for gbatemp!, really dude what’s wrong with you?

Btw welcome to my ignore list. I don’t have time to waste on people like you. It isn’t it healthy for anyone!

16. Squirps

Squirps Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    The corner in that dark alley.
    The tone of your first post seemed rather belittling. While the point that you have a thread dedicated to showing freebies and whatnot is valid, if you are really trying to bring more visibility to these types of games, you could trying be less passive-aggressive. Post about your thread in a way that is more productive and welcoming to those who might not know where to look for such things. The mods and admins of this site have done a pretty good job these past X number of years of reporting gaming news, and while it's totally okay to offer criticism, try to do it in a more constructive way.

Also, for Christ's sake, stop using the :P emoji.

Last edited by Squirps, Aug 23, 2018
  17. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Woohoo!