Gaming For gods sake, why wont this work!? (DIOS MIOS issues)

TheSvenzy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know you guys here are probably sick of answering these, BUT I have followed EVERY guide. I have installed just about everything I can find in regards to getting this to work and it just wont.

It must be something basic. I'm using CFG Loader (preferred) but have USB GX as well, and neither will display GC games.

I CAN get the backups to load via Devolution, but I want everything to load through my loaders...

What IOSes should I be using? Rev numbers, base IOSes etc etc. What WADs do I need to install (besides DIOS MIOS)

Break it down for me. Explain it like I'm 5. I don't have a great deal of hair left... Like I said, there technically isn't a reason why it shouldn't work as I've followed everything exactly...

Bluebarry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in your boat... I have so many friggin' problems going on with DIOS MIOS that I think I'm just gonna try Devolution. I HAVE been able to see my GC Games unlike you, but then when I try to play them everything turns black.... kinda ridiculous.

Hope you find help, cause I also have no explanation. I have followed exactly everything you said, every guide, tutorial, even videos... However, it may be your HDD/USB Stick/SD Card that you are using. Someone mentioned that in my thread.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Make sure you have the latest DIOS MIOS installed (not DIOS MIOS Lite).
  2. Make sure you are using the latest version of CFG Loader MOD.
  3. Make sure your USB is formatted as FAT32 as the primary active partition (32KB cluster size recommended).
  4. Make sure the GC games are in the games folder.

Reactions: Yepi69

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some loader (and even specific revisions of loaders) see the games only if they are in the correct place with the correct name.

Official Devolution loader : /games/Filename.iso (you can name the file whatever you want, zelda.iso, mario.iso, Tales1.iso, TalesMySecondDisc.iso, etc.)
Some loaders only read : /games/Folder name/game.iso (NOT the game name, but the file named "game", the four letters g+a+m+e !!) and /games/Same folder as game.iso/disc2.iso
Some other loaders reads other filenames, and some loaders version with plugins (wiiflow) can even read all possible path and filenames.

DIOS MIOS (Lite) don't work with /games/filename.iso
put your games in :
/games/game name [GameID6]/game.iso
Exemple :
/games/Tales of Symphonia[GQSEAF]/game.iso
/games/Tales of Symphonia[GQSEAF]/disc2.iso

You need to decide which Loader you will use, and learn which format that loader accepts.
You can't have all loaders working at the same time.

Reactions: devilmaycry1979

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it is a file type problem. I wasn't going to post this, but this seems like a perfect time. When I select my game for loading, it takes me back to the Wii menu. No more turning it off and then on again. :D But yeah, gct/gcm files are the actual GameCube types, just like wbfs are the Wii types.

TheSvenzy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Suppose I should give some more info. I have DM2.10 installed, and am using CFG loader V70 r51. As far as my understanding goes, it should still run GC backups from ISO files correct? My HDD is formatted to FAT32 (32k clusters), and ISO's are in root:/games/ folder (Wii backups are in root:/wbfs/). I've always had Smash Bros Brawl in the tray, as I never take it out (different region disc used with Gecko in the HBC)...

The only reason I could really see that it's not working is because MAYBE theres an issue of apps writing to the wii (ie it somehow became read-only or something)

I'll try a few of your suggestions tonight and let you know how I go. Thank heaps guys

EDIT: Also, what IOS 249 should I be using? I think I have a REALLY old revision...

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no revisions of IOS249. You should just install the wad files they told you to install on there. IOS 57/58 if I remember correctly.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what are you talking about?
he doesn't need IOS57/58 for DIOS MIOS, and IOS249 has many revisions.
Where are you taking your informations to help users? it's not helpful, and it's random information which could be bad for him (and not just him, many users are browsing the forum without registering and trying the solution they find here).
I'm all for users helping each others, but please answer only if you tested it yourself and understand the problem, know what you are talking about, etc.. if you are not sure, tell that it's the case, the asking user will then wait for a confirmation instead of trying dangerous things.

TheSvenzy:
First, try to rename the file correctly and put it in the correct folder.
/games/Game Name here [GameID here]/game.iso
only the red part need to change.
Then, look in the loader if there's a specific setting to enable GameCube listing, or if it's done automatically.
Maybe there's an option to see only GC and one to see only Wii games. (in some loaders you can see all of them at the same time, but you have to enable each game type explicitly)

the IOS249 revision has nothing to do with detecting games, and nothing to do with GameCube compatibility (IOS are used for Wii games, MIOS for gamecube games).
The latest version is "d2x cIOS version 10", but like I said, you don't need to update it.
If your current revisions is older than Waninkoko's rev17, then yes it's old. If you have rev17+ it's fine. but it's recommended to update to d2x to have FAT32/NTFS support for Wii games.
If you want to update your IOS, ask first.

Reactions: devilmaycry1979

TheSvenzy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well. I feel quite the fool. Looks like I did just have to put them in folders and rename the ISO files. None of the 'tutorials/guides' mentioned that at any point (or I just skimmed over it)... Cyan, you sir, are awesome. Keep up the good work

devilmaycry1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMMFAO :rofl2: "Explain it to me like I'm 5"!:rofl2:
Ok BUT 1st. Try selecting that little icon at the top of USB loader. You know, the one that looks like a console. And check the box that says GC (something or other). It should now show your GC games. *edit-glad you got it to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse