For DS Phat owners - Does yours stay still on flat surface?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by FFdreamer, Sep 25, 2010.

1. FFdreamer
    OP

Newcomer FFdreamer Member

Croatia
    Like mine when I put it on a flat surface you can wobble it a little bit, it's like one of the those 4 tiny ''legs'' is just a tad too short... It's either the right top leg or the left bottom leg (when you look at the bottom side up), the ones on the other diagonal are the same...

2. craplame

Member craplame GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I own a DS Phat and a Lite. And my DS phat does wobble.

3. FFdreamer
    OP

Croatia
    Yup, I also have a DSi and it stays still/all the little legs are obviously the same... The Phat is used from Ebay so I'm just checking to see if it's normal...

4. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    It's not really meant to be played on a fat surface; the ledges are meant for grips.

If you want to play on a flat surface, the DSi XL is perfect.

5. mechadylan

Member mechadylan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Mine doesn't wobble and I've had it for over 5 years. Do you have the strap attached to it still? Even a small knot in the lanyard would probably make it wobble a little...and it's in the upper right hand corner.

6. FFdreamer
    OP

Croatia
    Nope, removed the strap just to see and it still is unstable when on a flat surface...

7. windwakr

Member windwakr GBAtemp Fan

United States
    My launch-day DS Phat does the same thing. But I only play it while holding it, so I never notice it.

EDIT: It looks like one of the little "feet" on mine is worn down, so that's probably what causes mine to wobble.

8. FFdreamer
    OP

Croatia
    I examined all 4 on mine and can't really notice any difference between them lol, that's what buggs me... Maybe it's just the way the console was built, all 4 look pretty fine to me... I do play my DSi on flat surfaces for longer periods, that's why I even noticed it in the first place...