for chat room mods and owners

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by DJPlace, May 20, 2010.

May 20, 2010
  1. DJPlace
    OP

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    cause i see xbox live chat and nds wi-fi chat. how about a ps3 chat if that's possbile? if not that's fine. like 2 differnt chats like one that is ps3 chat and the other is ps3 psn network room where we can set up times and stuff to meet. cause i have a funny feeling if i talk about ps3 in the nds wi-fi chat i'll get booted.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I assume you mean on the gbatemp network, you do not have to do anything special to make a chatroom (you might have to be a registered user but that is nothing major) just type "/join #ps3chat like you would to join any other channel (might want to add that to your autojoin list as well).

If you want to register it then it gets a bit more tricky. GBAtemp's IRC does have a chanserv bot/option which should be the same or similar enough to most other chanservs on other irc servers:
    http://www.irchighway.net/modules.php?op=m...&f=chanserv

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Use the /cs help and /ns help commands for help on how to register your nick and channel.

Joining a channel that does not yet exist makes you the owner of that channel. But you'll have to register your nick + the channel to keep it. [​IMG]

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    I'll create a channel called #Costello.