For anyone wanting to upgrade their PSP memory

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by KingBlank, Jun 19, 2013.

1. KingBlank
    OP

KingBlank King of Nothing

Sep 17, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    If you want to upgrade your PSP memory, these have about a 80% chance of working :)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001I0T92Q/ref=pe_171790_30583100_email_1p_0_ti
    Great special at the moment.

I'm using one of these and two class 10 - 32GB micro sd cards and it works great.
    I live in New Zealand so I cant buy from amazon but I wanted to let anyone who can know.

EDIT: actually I may have been mistaken, looks like that one is just overpriced.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    The picture is at least of the correct model, but seeing as the actual CR-5400 hasn't been produced in years, what you're going to get shipped is, far more than likely, a clone.

And adapters, even the original one, can cause issues.

3. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Given how arbitrary 80% is, what's the confidence interval for your assertion?

Any purchase of something like this is down to random luck now the model is discontinued. Plus the originals weren't ever that reliable.

4. Xarsah16

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    I've always wondered - how do those adapters work? Is each card basically a partition? Are both read at the very same time? How does the PSP locate the files on both?

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    The adapter itself handles the logic, it treats one card as the first half of the data and the second card as the second half. The PSP itself sees just one normal partition.

Xarsah16 likes this.
  6. Xarsah16

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    Thanks :) Maybe I'll consider getting one if my new Memory Stick adapter dies... my 16GB microSD came in the mail today!! :D (I also need to see how much space my ripped ISOs from my UMDs will take, and not willing to use CSO format.)

7. BenRK

BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    I used that for my first PSP. It was slightly bigger then a normal memory card, causing the memory card cover to pop out ever so slightly. Still, it was WAY cheaper and still works to this day.

Then my sister borrowed my first PSP and never gave it back. Then I got a PSP Go.

8. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
    Doesn't it lower the wright speed?

9. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    The speeds are usually a bit lower, bur main concern is compatibility issues, like no cIPL if needed, some plugins won't load correctly, and we've even seen CFW installs and updates fail on adapters.