Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to read through all the posts yet, but yeah, you should try looking at this whole thing from my view. I've been against it the whole time. There's a HUGE argument in the staff section. I'm so annoyed by this whole thing...

Oh, and I don't think CNet has updated the sites yet. They were saying they wanted to change our name or something. I dunno, I could never get a straight answer out of 'em.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i imagine the ads are here to stay. thug4life recently quit over the decision to put ads on the site. i think the mods chose to exploit the situation for a rather impressive April Fool's joke.

anyway, i'm sure the site hasn't been aquired, but get used to the ads.

then again, i could be wrong...

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whah the scene news and homebrew is what the whole gbatemp is about!
Join 4chan if you just want to talk about things like "Oh yesterday I bought this nice new top, and it's just so pretty!Do you think it makes me look fat?"

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Shiro786 said:
God, everyone, stop whining. We moved, so what? This is gonna be awesome. GameFAQs isn't even that bad.

I doubt it's April Fools...it's March 31st. Besides, it's against the rules to do it on any other day then April 1st.

Leave you pussies whoever thinks this is fake. It shows if you're a true Temper or just a leecher for news and mirrors for homebrew.

Especially you admins who left, you guys are just babies just because you have to abide by the new rules. Piss off.

Forum rocks as always, see ya on the other side...

Shiro786

In a cnet modded world your post will be moderated.....flaming, you said piss offf.....borderline trolling.....atleast in cnets world.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
We've been working on this thing for months, some of us (me) even longer.
After a while, you hit a ceiling, and there's nowhere left to go but sideways.
We've been going sideways too long, we needed a little help through the roof.
Yes there will be changes, but the "heart and soul" will remain intact.

I WILL NOT LET ANYTHING BAD HAPPEN!

GBAtemp has been helpful to me in so many ways, the part I played in this was out of love, and because I wanted to help the site that helped me so much.

Trust me, everything is going to be ok.

-mthr

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mthrnite said:
We've been working on this thing for months, some of us (me) even longer.
After a while, you hit a ceiling, and there's nowhere left to go but sideways.
We've been going sideways too long, we needed a little help through the roof.
Yes there will be changes, but the "heart and soul" will remain intact.

I WILL NOT LET ANYTHING BAD HAPPEN!

GBAtemp has been helpful to me in so many ways, the part I played in this was out of love, and because I wanted to help the site that helped me so much.

Trust me, everything is going to be ok.

-mthr

Group hug!

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's so obvious. Quit the joke guys. It was like to much of a coincidence. I was here at the beginning of the evening (here in the netherlands) and there was nothing. LAter that night. BOOM. Cnet stuff!!!!
Admitted, I fell for it. But because of the smart thinking of my fellowtempers it all becomes clear now.

Don't worry all good GBATEMPERS, 2nd april all will be normal again.

I suddenly realize I hate jokes. Let's quit the 1st april jokes. It sucks

EDIT: Oh nice now I suddenly see the gamespot logo. JESUS! It's getting cheaper by the moment.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You know what's funny?

Adblock is blocking the "advertisement" on the front page!
laugh.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Shiro786 said:
OK. Let's say it's April Fools then. What's the point of everyone getting pissy and leaving?

Just shut up and play along.

Unfortunately, I know the moderation team has time to play silly games like this. Everyone has a life, no one would spend time wasting away on this April Fools bullshit, what are we, three years old?

I just realised something.
Mods left because of "difference" and demoted.
Almost all the staff that are remaining are online yet no one is saying anything.
The only logical explanation would be that THEY ARE THE CNET MODS!!!!!!!!!!!

herbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So what happens when we take the first letter of each of the new mods' names (Ryan, Adam, Liam, Peter and Ian) and rearrange them to a word? What word could that be??? ;-)

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Moots said:
We'll I am calling shennanigans on this CNET businewss. It just seems too fishy......stick around until the 2nd.....

Too orchestrated.....Mods leaving, new mods from cnet, april 1 is tommorow. Cnet buying a flash/hack scene? I think not, they wouldn't touch half of this place with a ten inch pole, let alone just the testing area. A cmpany who I am sure recieves funding by advertising for game companies is not going to aquire a scene site that potentially pirates said games......Also there was no request for bonemonkey to be banned by Cnet.....that would have been the first stipulation I think.

If Ace, Thug, and Spikey are really quitting for good, that bites.

Everything seems to be a joke where someone was thinking "how can we pile bad news on bad news on bad news."

Lets see 3 good mods quit....that sucks.
Cnet buys GBAtemp.net well that really sucks, welcome to tempfaqs.com
New Cnet mods coming in to protect against swearing and illegal(potentially 90% of what gets talked about) info being posted
The beloved testing area is being removed.....Possibly the most heralded tightest knit board on the site.....The testing area is Gbatemp's personality....thats a big one.
The amount of moderated posts, and censoring in the topic is a nice touch.

Not one good point was brought forward by any one (current mods, or cnet mods) you'd think they'd be pushing the pros of this happening to save as many from jumping ship as they can.

I was born at night......but not last night.

BY THE WAY A "CNET MOD" CLOSING THE TOPIC ANNOUNCING IT WAS GENUIS!

P.S. If its true ....well theres always IRC.
Please use spoiler tags.
rolleyes.gif

wiki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
herbal said:
So what happens when we take the first letter of each of the new mods' names (Ryan, Adam, Liam, Peter and Ian) and rearrange them to a word? What word could that be??? ;-)

You get "prial". Aaah i see it all makes sense now - "\Pri"al\, n. A corruption of pair royal. See under Pair, n."

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, First post since I saw the joke, For being a veteran here at GBAtemp, I can say that's an april's fool joke, and I like how admins are playing a role, Like MthrNite plays the good guy who wanted to did good, but is the major sell out, and Phuzz is like the unhappy but sticking to the gang because of loyaulty.

blizzak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
n
XP
Country
Canada
herbal said:
QUOTE(Shiro786 @ Mar 31 2008, 05:22 PM) I doubt it's April Fools...it's March 31st. Besides, it's against the rules to do it on any other day then April 1st.

uhh, i believe this is what they call building up a joke, just because it's not april fools doesn't mean they can't start a joke early to get the most out of it. I suspect tomorrow, on April fool's day, we'll see a fully integrated Gamespot/Cnet GBAtemp hybrid website. Along with the 1.18 R4DS kernel they promised early.

Btw I suspect they are using gamespot and cnet due to their 'problems' last year with Jeff Gerstmann. Also kudos to herbal for point out the first names of the 'new' mods: Adam, Peter Ryan,, Ian, Liam

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs