Hacking Foolproof .cia conversion method?

swordlord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Generally I'd just ask this kind of stuff on the noob paradise thread but since I'm gradually losing my sanity over it, I thought I should create a thread. I don't mean to flood the forum with things that have already been asked.

First things first, I've read Queno's guide (here) and Razor2014's (a maxconsole member). I've read them thoroughly and I've followed the steps religiously. While Queno's guide to convert a .3ds file to .cia is a one-way ticket, Razor's has more room for trial and error.

I have the launcher.dat by VOiD on my bigSD, I have the keys, I get the nnchinfo.bin properly, etc. I don't get errors while generating the xorpads. I even have the MsetForBoss.dat (which I have no idea why it's there but the guide tells me so).

So when I run Queno's prompt, I get the red message and all, everything works and I've managed to get Kirby, Paper Mario Sticker Star, LoZ Ocarina of Time and a couple of .cia's installed. Among the invalid .cia's are Ace Combat, RE: The Mercs, ACNL, Super Mario 3D Land, and so on and so forth...

The only working .cia's I've got were using Queno's prompt. I haven't been able to make a single valid .cia using Razor's. Sometimes I even get a valid .cia but it installs slowly and is corrupted. I've tried many things, among them black magic. Are there .3ds files that just can't become cia's? I know lots of people got many working that are invalid for me, for instance: SM3DL.

My bigSD with the emuNAND is a Transcend class 10 64gb sdxc and the one I use to extract the xorpads is the one that comes with the 3ds (although I get the xorpads just fine " :P"). My OS is Windows 8.1, I'm currently running emuNAND 9.4 and my sysNAND is 4.2xxx. I'm using the BigBlueMenu instead of the DevMenu, but I don't think this has anything to do with the fact my .cia's are invalid.

If you've read it up to here, thanks in advance.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i feel for you, it's tricky. good luck. i personally only use cias for eshop content, and recommend others to do the same.
maybe you can find the cias for the 3ds roms you want online somewhere premade?

swordlord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm sorry about the commotion guys, I didn't mean to be a pain :c

I was just thinking people who already are used to cia's would come and hint what to do. I might just do what you said cearp in order to keep my sanity.

Reactions: cearp

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't you use question marks in Brazil?

It's incredibly annoying to enter a topic expecting a guide only to discover the poster doesn't know how to use question marks b

Melly Pix

Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why the **** did you delete my comments?

I thought it would've been obvious..

I was just thinking people who already are used to cia's would come and hint what to do. I might just do what you said cearp in order to keep my sanity.

You weren't a pain, just remember that anything to do with rom site including .cia sites are against the rules on gbatemp ^^

Reactions: swordlord

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Honestly, I tried this cia conversion stuff as well. And it drove me nuts. I decided to drop it.
What I recommend you do, is drop all of this, because it will only drive you nuts if it has not already. There is a forum out there that has all the games you mentioned already converted to cia and ready for download; just drag to your sd and install. This website saved me a ton of time and it will do you the same. I am sorry I cannot mention the name of the website, but its is not that hard to find. If you go back to Queno's thread, Queno himself made a "secret comment" where he tells you the name of the website if you really can't find it. I really hope this helps!

Reactions: swordlord

swordlord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't you use question marks in Brazil?

It's incredibly annoying to enter a topic expecting a guide only to discover the poster doesn't know how to use question marks b

I don't know about this "you" in the plural referring to the entire country, but I do. I was upset when I created the thread, seeing as how it was gradually lowering my sanity. I did notice it felt like it was a tutorial and not a "can anyone give me a hand with this?" topic, so when I tried to edit the topic and add a question mark to it, it wouldn't let me edit it. P.S.: Since you're so sensitive about punctuation, let me tell you that sentences start with a capital letter and end with a full stop, not with a "b".

Honestly, I tried this cia conversion stuff as well. And it drove me nuts. I decided to drop it.
What I recommend you do, is drop all of this, because it will only drive you nuts if it has not already. There is a forum out there that has all the games you mentioned already converted to cia and ready for download; just drag to your sd and install. This website saved me a ton of time and it will do you the same. I am sorry I cannot mention the name of the website, but its is not that hard to find. If you go back to Queno's thread, Queno himself made a "secret comment" where he tells you the name of the website if you really can't find it. I really hope this helps!

I just did man. After the 3rd failed attempt at installing ORAS and realizing it was clogging up my SD I decided to drop it. To hell with .cia's.

Reactions: placebooooo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded