DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Is there any food that you hated, despised, etc when you were little, but have since liked now that you are older? One of mine was broccoli. I found it revolting as a kid, but now, with a little bit of herb and butter, I love it.

And just in case, you can talk about the opposite as well. Was there any foods as a kid that you liked, loved, etc but now hate?

andy26129

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As kids one tends to eat anything no matter how much grease, sugar, or calories ect. Now as adults one eats more carefully. So as a kid 1 Double Double cheese burger from In n out, now as an adult 3, cause im older ha.

Reactions: 1 person

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything. There were all sorts of things I wouldn't eat, but then I got this horrific stomach virus that left me unable to consume food for two weeks without it coming out both ends. I was outrageously hungry every single day, but didn't dare have a bite for fear of being stuck in the bathroom for an hour (this was one of my first years of uni, so I had classes to attend). After that, I ate everything. I eat everything. Cannot take food for granted.

Reactions: 2 people

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a pretty picky eater as a kid, so as a 21 year old, i'm constantly trying stuff i never would have thought i'd like.

As a kid i hated Grape Fruits though, I eat them every chance i get now.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hated ranch dressing as a kid, now I have it on every salad.

Also hated most teas as a kid but now it's practically all I drink.

Believe it or not I didn't like bacon as a kid, but then my balls dropped and bacon is a glorious invention.

Also hated egg yolks as well, used to eat them every sunday for breakfast but recently I've acquired a craving for scrambled eggs...

Growing up I loved peanuts, then about a year or two ago I managed to develop an allergy to them. I still love peanut products, but can't ever eat them >.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a kid I despised anything that broccoli had ever been near, loved ketchup on everything, thought mcdonalds was great, was afraid of sushi, hated mustard, and could sniff out any chocolate in the house.

Now I absolutely love broccoli no matter how it's prepared, never touch ketchup unless I'm faced with really bland fries (and then only if there's no honey mustard or barbecue sauce available), haven't paid for anything from mcdonalds in more than six years, can't get enough sushi, enjoy mustard with lots of things (again, honey mustard is preferred) and don't care a thing about mass produced American chocolate.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
when eating pizza, i used to remove all mushrooms before i eat my slice. but my uncle told me if i wanted to be a man i should eat it.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i was a kid, i never ate anything brown. No chocolate, no steak, burgers etc. Anything brown i would not touch.
Now im in love with burgers and chocolate, but im still not so much a fan of brown steak. I eat my steak Rare :tpi:

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a kid I despised anything that broccoli had ever been near, loved ketchup on everything, thought mcdonalds was great, was afraid of sushi, hated mustard, and could sniff out any chocolate in the house.

Now I absolutely love broccoli no matter how it's prepared, never touch ketchup unless I'm faced with really bland fries (and then only if there's no honey mustard or barbecue sauce available), haven't paid for anything from mcdonalds in more than six years, can't get enough sushi, enjoy mustard with lots of things (again, honey mustard is preferred) and don't care a thing about mass produced American chocolate.

That's almost exactly how I am, except for the most part I don't care about mustard unless it's honey mustard or that spicy Chinese mustard.

Chocolate I'm neither here nor there, regardless of whether it's American mass produced or not.

Fast food for the most part I don't eat because I don't have time to eat it/don't think to.

Edit - for me, keep tomatoes (including ketchup unless there's nothing else), green beans, and brussels sprouts away from me, we'll be friends then.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chocolate I'm neither here nor there, regardless of whether it's American mass produced or not.

Edit - for me, keep tomatoes (including ketchup unless there's nothing else), green beans, and brussels sprouts away from me, we'll be friends then.

Two points: First, if you've not had German or Swiss chocolate, you really need to. I have a friend bringing me some authentic German chocolate home, soon. Chocolate hasn't gotten me this excited in fifteen years.

And I truly believe that if someone were to prepare Brussels sprouts *properly* you would change your mind. I did. It was just about the last thing I ever expected to happen.

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Kid:
I hated spicy foods. Hated avocado. Hated broccoli. Hated onions.

Now:

I add/love hot sauce(or anything spicy such as jalapenos/chilipeppers/powder,etc) on many foods i eat
Love avocado on many dishes..like on a chicken-sandwich or to accompany my tacos. Yummm
Love broccoli on healthy dishes. Salads, white rice, catfish, fajitas, etc

Still hate onions...but i add them on foods that need a boost in flavor, like stews/chili/steaks/etc
but then i take them off. Yum.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Didn't used to like anything, to the point of feeling like vomitting.

Now I either like, or at last 'can deal with' pretty much anything (if you give me something and I'm saying nice things bust making funny faces (faces that look like they're desperately trying not to show anything) then you've given me something in the second category).

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a kid I disliked mustard and pepper, but now they're some of my favorite condiments.
Most other foods I've remained the same about, barring some things which I've grown to like that I was originally indifferent to, except I used to only drink soda (yeah, no water) but now I only drink soda as a rare treat, and usually ~50% diluted with water.
Also, I used to hate bok-choi. Now, I strongly dislike bok-choi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse