Hacking Foobar'd my ninjhax while getting emunand set up, seeking suggestions

jakerman999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was sitting comfortably on 9.2 with ninjhax running, when I wanted 9.7 emunand to grab a bunch of things from the eshop(this was before rxtools supported ninjax launch, but I don't know if waiting would have helped). In pursuit of that goal, I downgraded with gateways mset(?) launcher to 4.2.x and created a working emunand. From their I updated my sysnand to 7.2 via cartridge so that I had the keys needed for rxEmunand(and everything else is emunand stuff).

Now my emunand works fine, but it's tethered to wifi. When niinjhax support for rxTools came out I wiped my ninjhax save to install the 7.2 version, and find it hangs in the browser.

From what I read, I've still got the 4.2 browser because Ninty didn't ship the browser as part of the update. Is this true? How do I go about fixing this?

I finally got the gateway menu working and have begun the downgrade process, updates probable.

Downgrade worked and I updated though cia's. All is well.

Last edited by jakerman999,

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Ninjhax doesn't seem to work on re-upgraded downgraded systems. I had that issue, it works fine on 4.x, but once updated by a game cart. If you made a backup of your 9.2 before downgrading (you should have, I don't think it lets you downgrade unless you do), then you can simple reflash your backup from the gateway menu.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
did you make a nand backup from 9.2? if so import that one back to your 3ds. you can do that with the gateway browser menu thing. hold up while on "downgrade console" and you can flash your nand back on. this is a surefire way i know, but could be there's an easier way. i had the same issue a few days ago.

jakerman999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately I do not have a 9.2 nand backup, it was lost 'cause I was dumb and didn't move it to pc before installing emunand.

Using the 4.2 version does not work either(my guess would be wrong offsets, but grain of salt).

If I were to downgrade back to 4.x, I should have the 4.2 browser again, correct? From there I could potentially use ninjhax into pasta with sysupdater to get back to 9.2?

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unfortunately I do not have a 9.2 nand backup, it was lost 'cause I was dumb and didn't move it to pc before installing emunand.

Using the 4.2 version does not work either(my guess would be wrong offsets, but grain of salt).

If I were to downgrade back to 4.x, I should have the 4.2 browser again, correct? From there I could potentially use ninjhax into pasta with sysupdater to get back to 9.2?

Yes, it works for me...

jakerman999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I couldn't get the gateway launcher to work for the longest time and had given up, but I had a spare hour today and played with it; think I found the missing step:

You have to let the homepage load after initializing the save data.

Anyways, downgrade is begun, fingers crossed that I can get homebrew again. Will post updates as they come in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.