Hacking Font disappearing on AKAIO 1.4.1???

Goobaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, as the topic title indicates, after not using my AK 2.1 with 1.4.1 for about a week, I booted it up with the intent of giving Echoes of Time a try, and I find that there is no font at all being displayed. No game titles, no menu selections, menu tabs, saves etc. and so forth. Icons and the background clock and skin display properly, but actual font is nowhere to be found. The only thing I've done in the last week is added Echoes of Time and replaced the old cheat.dat with the newest one on 4/3/09. I ask here solely because there are many a knowledgeable person here who may be able to provide an idea I can run with.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
try deleting the optionslist.bin. i know this was fixed but i'm curious if this is your problem. it will be in the _aio folder, and only present if you changes some rom options, like turning on/off cheats. start with that and post back.

-another world

Goobaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks both of you for your replies, Another World, unfortunately optionslist.bin was not the root of the problem. Norm, reformatting to the ideal AKAIO standard is impossible for as Panasonic's SD Formatter is unavailable in Mac OS format, but I will try with the OS' MS-DOS format option. Thanks both of you.

EDIT: Simply deleting and re-installing the AKAIO firmware brought everything back. So again, thanks for you folks with you help, but any inkling as to what happened? So that I can somehow prevent it??

EDIT 2: The menu feels very sluggish and loads slowly, along with a few games, I will try a full reformat and see if that fixes it, strange though that it just now started behaving poorly..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs