Plushie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

After having carefully followed the guide, I have ended up at section IV: restoring the system.

1. I booted while holding start and entered hourglass9
2. I went to 'sysnand backup/restore'
3. I restored sysnand while keeping a9hl
4. I pressed the key combo, I selected nandmin.bin
5. I pressed start to reboot. It rebooted to my seemingly restored 11.0 3ds home menu. No black screen.
6. My back-up was not a version between 3.0 and 4.5, it was a version 11.0. Like I said, it booted normally.
7. I went to system settings to update my console. I know I have a9lh and Luma, having followed the process, I received the green text 'succeeded' on every step.

Now however, whenever I reboot my console, it stays a black screen. I tried to go to section 5: Injecting FBI, holding start to enter hourglass 9... nothing, stays a black screen.

Can this be fixed or is this a brick?

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this
- Navigate to /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/ on your SD card
  • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
  • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
  • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
  • CHN Region: Delete 000000A1
  • KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
  • TWN Region: Delete 000000B1
Why is this necesary? to delete any sd data that the 2.1 may have nand created? or for other reason?

Make sure that your hourglass9 payload is named correctly.

Plushie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you, I'll keep it in mind, but I saw you posted it earlier in another thread, and it seemingly didn't help. I'll hold on to it for now.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I'll keep it in mind, but I saw you posted it earlier in another thread, and it seemingly didn't help. I'll hold on to it for now.
That guy was having a different problem, and specifically asked how to do this. His issue wasn't one that normally needs this fix.

The black screen on startup however usually is fixed by this. So I'd give it a go.

Also, did you make sure that you had named your hourglass9 payload correctly and put it in the right folder?

Plushie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I renamed it to start_Hourglass9, with the capital H just like the guide said. I also used hourglass9 before in a previous step in the guide.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deleting the extdata like I said should solve the black screen on boot.
If you're still unwilling to try that, see what happens when you boot your 3ds with a different sd card with only arm9loaderhax.bin on it.

As for not being able to boot payloads, can you boot decrypt9 or any other payload? https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20170115

You can rename it to x_decrypt9.bin and see if that works when you boot holding x.
(make sure you have "show extensions" enabled in your windows folder options btw)

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you've restored to 11.0? If you are on 2.1 the system will not boot with the SD card inserted.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm past that step, after restoring, my folders were back in the places that they were on 11.0.
Did you try any of the things that I've suggested?

If you don't believe that what I suggested is a legitimate fix, check out the troubleshooting section on 3ds.guide - Because that's where I got my info from.

https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting

Black screen on SysNAND boot after installing arm9loaderhax
  1. Ensure you have a working payload.
    1. Check for the existence of arm9loaderhax.bin in the root of your SD card.
  2. Try resetting Luma’s config and fix options
    1. Delete /luma/config.bin from your SD card
    2. Set your options when it boots
  3. Test booting Hourglass9
    1. On Luma3DS, hold (Start) on boot
  4. Try deleting home menu’s extdata
    1. Clear Home Menu’s extdata by navigating to the following folder on your SD card: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/
      • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
      • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
      • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
      • KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
  5. Try booting without any cartridges inserted (including flashcarts)
  6. If you previously downgraded with Gateway, ensure that you are using the latest Luma3DS version (v6.2.3 or higher, at the least)
  7. If your NAND is of a version between 3.0.0 and 4.5.0, do the following:
    • Ensure that you are using the latest Luma3DS version (v6.6 or higher, at the least)
    • Download this file and rename it to firmware.bin
    • Download this file
    • Copy firmware.bin and cetk to the /luma/ folder on your SD card
    • Delete both of these files after updating your 3DS
  8. Try following 9.2.0 ctrtransfer
  9. Ask for help at #3dshacks on Rizon IRC or 3DS Hacking on Discord.

Plushie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Did you try any of the things that I've suggested?
When you mentioned trying a different sd card with only the arm9loaderhax.bin it did remind me of one curiosity, namely:

Section 1, step 11.
Copy arm9loaderhax.bin from the Luma3DS .7z to the root of your SD card, overwrite existing files.

The original file that came with step 7 had an arm9loaderhax.bin of 27kb, when step 11 asked me to replace it, it replaced it with one of 70kb big.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you mentioned trying a different sd card with only the arm9loaderhax.bin it did remind me of one curiosity, namely:

Section 1, step 11.
Copy arm9loaderhax.bin from the Luma3DS .7z to the root of your SD card, overwrite existing files.

The original file that came with step 7 had an arm9loaderhax.bin of 27kb, when step 11 asked me to replace it, it replaced it with one of 70kb big.
The reason that you replaced the old arm9loaderhax.bin is because it was the arm9loaderhax installer, the replacement is the actual custom firmware.

If you don't want to follow my suggestions, check out the troubleshooting guide

I was just suggesting advice from there anyway.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Plushie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The reason that you replaced the old arm9loaderhax.bin is because it was the arm9loaderhax installer, the replacement is the actual custom firmware.

If you don't want to follow my suggestions, check out the troubleshooting guide

I was just suggesting advice from there anyway.
Thank you, I'll try it out. I'll post the result when I went through the steps.

Did you have like menuhax installed before?
No, it was a fresh 3ds, I removed all menuhax files that lead to userland because it kept rewrapping my downloads. I went to steelhax when that came out.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thank you, I'll try it out. I'll post the result when I went through the steps.

No, it was a fresh 3ds, I removed all menuhax files that lead to userland because it kept rewrapping my downloads. I went to steelhax when that came out.
This might work, but can you make sure and delete the old armloader9hax.bin and add the new Luma3DS 6.6 one? Because sometimes overwriting seem to bug out.

Plushie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok updates:

I removed the 00000098 files. It still gave me the same result: blackscreen.

I removed the luma config.bin, and it finally let me enter luma again when pressing select. What do I do?

Maybe I forgot to mention: the Luma screen in front of me is v6.6, if that helps.

Last edited by Plushie,

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok updates:

I removed the 00000098 files. It still gave me the same result: blackscreen.

I removed the luma config.bin, and it finally let me enter luma again when pressing select. What do I do?

Maybe I forgot to mention: the Luma screen in front of me is v6.6, if that helps.

Something on your sd card is still preventing your sysnand from booting correctly. Have you tried booting while using a separate sd card with only arm9loaderhax.bin on it?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Plushie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Something on your sd card is still preventing your sysnand from booting correctly. Have you tried booting while using a separate sd card with only arm9loaderhax.bin on it?
Ok, which one, the one of 7 january of 27kb large, or the one of 14 january, which is 70 kb big?

Another update: I tried booting without an sd card, the console turned off after 1 second of black screen.

Last edited by Plushie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ¡¡¡ tttoN