Hacking Following 3ds.guide Website and I Have Some Questions

2DSUSERHere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, since Gateway has taken over 3 months to update I've decided to abandon it and move onto LUMA3DS.

I'm looking at the 3ds.guide and have a few questions.

I'm updating my 2DS version 6.0.0 and one of the steps in the what you need section says:
Do I need to download this payload since I am on version 6.0.0? And if so which one do i download from the site?

How do I choose from the drop down menu of the otherapp if i do need it?

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about the gateway.
But 3ds.guide normal install sets things up for sysnand. It can also boot a emunand, I saw that in settings, just have not ever used one personally.

Reactions: 2DSUSERHere

2DSUSERHere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about the gateway.
But 3ds.guide normal install sets things up for sysnand. It can also boot a emunand, I saw that in settings, just have not ever used one personally.

Do you happen to have a link to a guide or anything where i can setup an Emunand for LUMA

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you happen to have a link to a guide or anything where i can setup an Emunand for LUMA
Just follow the guide. It doesn't matter if you want an EmuNAND or not, you still have to follow it for either outcome.

EmuNAND is no longer used by most people, as B9S has rendered it obselete and outdated, as you can just restore a NAND backup if your SysNAND breaks, so it's just 1 GB wasted for no reason. It has no use anymore, outside of very specific cases, which you will likely never encounter.

If you do still want one though, I'll tell you how to make one. Mind if I ask, why you would want one though? Just asking out of curiosity.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

2DSUSERHere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just follow the guide. It doesn't matter if you want an EmuNAND or not, you still have to follow it for either outcome.

EmuNAND is no longer used by most people, as B9S has rendered it obselete and outdated, as you can just restore a NAND backup if your SysNAND breaks, so it's just 1 GB wasted for no reason. It has no use anymore, outside of very specific cases, which you will likely never encounter.

If you do still want one though, I'll tell you how to make one. Mind if I ask, why you would want one though? Just asking out of curiosity.

The only reason I wanted one was just incase of a problem or break in the EmuNand I always have my SysNand to fall back on. But if it doesn't matter and your SysNand can be restored then I guess i don't need one!

So just want to clarify, If anything happens to my SysNand, like lets say I update to a version that breaks the CFW, i would be able to restore from a NAND backup?

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I wanted one was just incase of a problem or break in the EmuNand I always have my SysNand to fall back on. But if it doesn't matter and your SysNand can be restored then I guess i don't need one!

So just want to clarify, If anything happens to my SysNand, like lets say I update to a version that breaks the CFW, i would be able to restore from a NAND backup?

Yep. B9S is unpatchable, meaning no matter what Nintendo pushes out in an update, you can restore a NAND backup you've made of an older version. If anything ever happens to your NAND basically, you can always restore it using the B9S payloads (Example: Godmode9, Hourglass9, Decrypt9, though Godmode9 is the only one still supported).

Trophies
XP

Yes.
edit::ninja:'d

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse