Hacking Followed Tech James video "Spoof PS3 Firmware To 4.85 & Play Online! (SEN Enabler)" and now stuck

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned above I followed the tutorial above to a T. One thing I found strange was that the SEN Enabler came up as a "Parental Control Restricted Content" and I needed to put in a password
in order to move any further luckily the password was 0000 lol. Installed both SEN Enabler and PSN Patch successfully and did all steps as instructed even getting the beep when you load
PSN Patch and then releasing X. Checking my system information afterward showing 4.85. Tried booting up PS Store and got the "This application has a new version" message.
Just wondering has PS Store on the PS3 been shut down and if not could someone tell me how to get it up and running? (I have a hacked PS3 obviously) I believe it's called REBUG I loaded it
on there a month or two ago 4.84.1_REX to be exact if I'm not mistaken. Just curious for some answers I am signed in on my PS3 which has me confused lol.

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Indeed, to go on the PSN Store, you will need to update it, note that it's an application update and not a system update, so you can update safely.
Also, I never tried to go on the PSN Store as I don't need it, but it should works like in any OFW I guess.
Also, for the Parental Control Restricted Content, you should check in your PS3 settings, this is here that you can disable it.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, to go on the PSN Store, you will need to update it, note that it's an application update and not a system update, so you can update safely.
Also, I never tried to go on the PSN Store as I don't need it, but it should works like in any OFW I guess.
Also, for the Parental Control Restricted Content, you should check in your PS3 settings, this is here that you can disable it.

Application update you say? So I can update it normally? What would the steps be?
I tried going into the settings to get rid of the Parental Controls got to the right menu and everything but it still won't go away.
There must be something I'm missing...

@Eveldee

Last edited by BigDaddyWeaves,

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That worked I was just unsure as to if it would update my entire system instead of only just the PSN Store. lol
Now I have another question do I have to run PSN Patch before I go online? In the video Tech James seems to imply it or suggest it.
Just curious @Eveldee

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, you should disable CFW every time you go online, remember to deactivate auto-connection on boot.
To simplify your life, you can use the PSNPatch plugin or the SEN Enabler one, I personally use SEN Enabler, but PSNPatch seems to work well too.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you should disable CFW every time you go online, remember to deactivate auto-connection on boot.
To simplify your life, you can use the PSNPatch plugin or the SEN Enabler one, I personally use SEN Enabler, but PSNPatch seems to work well too.
@Eveldee
Where do I find the "deactivate auto-connection" setting?
So you're saying every time I go online use PSNPatch first as I originally said?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So you're saying every time I go online use PSNPatch first as I originally said?
Yes, before logging in to PSN use a (clear history + disable syscalls + if required, version spoof) solution, only one (it's stupid and possibly counterproductive to use multiple ones - I personally recommend Webman's R2+triangle if you're on a cfw of the newest version and therefore don't need a spoof)

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1 -> When you click on "connect" to the PSN, there is a little checkbox with "connect on startup".
2 -> Yes, you should do that, better take all the safety you can.

It's been 6 month that I use an hacked PS3 and never got any ban, so I guess it works pretty well.

Note: Some games like GTA V have special triggers that can ban you even if you use PSNPatch/SEN Enabler, you need to use a modifier version of the game to avoid ban, here is a non-exhaustive list of them:

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 -> When you click on "connect" to the PSN, there is a little checkbox with "connect on startup".
2 -> Yes, you should do that, better take all the safety you can.

It's been 6 month that I use an hacked PS3 and never got any ban, so I guess it works pretty well.

Note: Some games like GTA V have special triggers that can ban you even if you use PSNPatch/SEN Enabler, you need to use a modifier version of the game to avoid ban, here is a non-exhaustive list of them:
Got it. I really only log into the store to look for deals on PSOne Classics. I want to expand my hard drive as well but that's for another thread/post.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well done @Ryccardo lol that's my usual way of looking I'm to the point where I want to buy though and just wanted to make everything was okay
before I started downloading stuff to my HDD. I only have like 20 GB's left (I know that's a lot) but I have a 1TB My Book that I'm trying to set up
with everything backed up on it including stuff I downloaded off the store. I have to find a way to do this because this is the only way I'll be able to
play my games one by one I have too much as it is right now just need to have some digital copies or SOMETHING Lol. Hopefully, I get a little help
on here for my next post, I'm currently setting my "My Book" up to be FAT32 and just finished formating it, so I'll be testing it with multiMAN soon.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well done @Ryccardo lol that's my usual way of looking I'm to the point where I want to buy though and just wanted to make everything was okay
before I started downloading stuff to my HDD. I only have like 20 GB's left (I know that's a lot) but I have a 1TB My Book that I'm trying to set up
with everything backed up on it including stuff I downloaded off the store. I have to find a way to do this because this is the only way I'll be able to
play my games one by one I have too much as it is right now just need to have some digital copies or SOMETHING Lol. Hopefully, I get a little help
on here for my next post, I'm currently setting my "My Book" up to be FAT32 and just finished formating it, so I'll be testing it with multiMAN soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2