Hacking Followed 3DS Guide, Can't play JPN cartridge in my EU system

moebius77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How can I make the system play cartridges from all regions? I followed the 3DS guide (so installed LUma3D as well). When I insert a JP cartridge into my EU system the game gets detected and it displays the EU name when hovering over it. When I try to play the cartridge though I get an error message.

Can you please help me or point out other alternatives? I absolutely own zero EU games but a couple of JP cartridges. Sold my JP 3DS though.

Thanks for all your help!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I make the system play cartridges from all regions? I followed the 3DS guide (so installed LUma3D as well). When I insert a JP cartridge into my EU system the game gets detected and it displays the EU name when hovering over it. When I try to play the cartridge though I get an error message.

Can you please help me or point out other alternatives? I absolutely own zero EU games but a couple of JP cartridges. Sold my JP 3DS though.

Thanks for all your help!
power down your console
hold select and power on
check the box for "enable game patching"
press start
try to load your game. . .

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
power down your console
hold select and power on
check the box for "enable game patching"
press start
try to load your game. . .
. . . it may be more complex than that
    • Enable game patcher: Enables the following features:
      • The region/language emulation feature allows some games which need a specific language to be set to work, and DLCs for foreign games to load. To use it:
        • Create a folder named titles inside luma.
        • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (look them up on www.3dsdb.com) inside titles.
        • Create a file named locale.txt in the game's folder.
        • Inside the file,
          • Put 3 characters for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN").
          • Put an empty space.
          • Put 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW").
        • For example, to play Pokémon™ Y in Japanese language and region:
          • Create 0004000000055E00/locale.txt.
          • Put in JPN JP.
          • Save.
    • The LayeredFS feature allows you to replace RomFS files with files on the SD card for most games. To use it:
      • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (look them up on www.3dsdb.com) inside titles.
      • Create a folder called romfs in the game's folder.
      • Put the replacement files in the romfs folder.
      • For example, to use LayeredFS with Pokémon™ Y, make a folder named romfs , put your replacement files in it, then put romfs in 0004000000055E00.
    • The external .code feature allows you to use patched binaries for games. To use it:
      • Obtain a patched code.bin for the game, and put it into that folder.
      • For example, to use a patched binary with Pokémon™ Y, rename it to code.bin and put it in 0004000000055E00.
    • The code IPS patching feature allows you to use IPS patches on a game's code. To use it:
      • Obtain an IPS patch for the game, rename it as code.ips and put it into that folder.
      • For example, to use a patch with Pokémon™ Y, rename it to code.ips and put it in 0004000000055E00.
anyway know you know :teach:. . . enjoy

Last edited by wormdood,

moebius77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks a lot for all your replies and helkp.

Enabled "Game Patching" and even put in the correct file to work with the game as detailed above.

Here is a picture of the error code I'm getting.

Last edited by moebius77,

moebius77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did a little more testing and noticed that out of the 14 JP 3DS games every one works! Except for the one I actually want to play again: Animal Crossing New Leaf (tobidase doubutsu no mori)

I didn't have to do the "trick" with creating a folder in lumas etc. to play the other JP cartridges. Tried everything with AC so far but nothing works and I just get that error message from the picture above.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Did a little more testing and noticed that out of the 14 JP 3DS games every one works! Except for the one I actually want to play again: Animal Crossing New Leaf (tobidase doubutsu no mori)

I didn't have to do the "trick" with creating a folder in lumas etc. to play the other JP cartridges. Tried everything with AC so far but nothing works and I just get that error message from the picture above.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Have you tried converting it to digital?
Have you checked in Luma settings to disable the arm11 errors thing?(I don't have a 3DS anymore, so I can't help you much in this, but it should be called similar for what I said)
Have you also tried to test it on another console(if you are able to)?

Also if you see on the pic of the error, it crashes on "garden", maybe its something related to the save itself?(AC:NL saves are called garden.dat for what I remember)

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got the same error with AC:Happy Home Designer, creating the file as mentionend above worked for me. I will try to get AC:NL working when I am home. (Same as your setup: EUR 3DS an JP Cartridge)

moebius77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got the same error with AC:Happy Home Designer, creating the file as mentionend above worked for me. I will try to get AC:NL working when I am home. (Same as your setup: EUR 3DS an JP Cartridge)
Thanks a lot. Will check my settings again.

Checked: Everything like in the description. Dumping the game on the SD card now but doubt that anything else will happen.

Created the txt file with a Mac through just renaming it (should have worked though) but I have no idea what could have went wrong.

Last edited by moebius77,

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try following the folder thing and create a structure like this: /luma/titles/000400000014F000/locale.txt inside locate .txt just write JPN EN that should work. But I cant test it since I already installed the Amiboo Update (I also have a JPN console) and now I cant start it on my EU console since it doesnt have the update installed.

Reactions: moebius77

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check this link and read the enable game patching section:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
umm i already gave him that info

. . . it may be more complex than that
    • Enable game patcher: Enables the following features:
      • The region/language emulation feature allows some games which need a specific language to be set to work, and DLCs for foreign games to load. To use it:
        • Create a file named locale.txt in the game's folder.
        • Inside the file,
          • Put 3 characters for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN").
          • Put an empty space.
          • Put 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW").
        • For example, to play Pokémon™ Y in Japanese language and region:
          • Create 0004000000055E00/locale.txt.
          • Put in JPN JP.
          • Save.
    • The LayeredFS feature allows you to replace RomFS files with files on the SD card for most games. To use it:
      • Create a folder called romfs in the game's folder.
      • Put the replacement files in the romfs folder.
      • For example, to use LayeredFS with Pokémon™ Y, make a folder named romfs , put your replacement files in it, then put romfs in 0004000000055E00.
    • The external .code feature allows you to use patched binaries for games. To use it:
      • Obtain a patched code.bin for the game, and put it into that folder.
      • For example, to use a patched binary with Pokémon™ Y, rename it to code.bin and put it in 0004000000055E00.
    • The code IPS patching feature allows you to use IPS patches on a game's code. To use it:
      • Obtain an IPS patch for the game, rename it as code.ips and put it into that folder.
      • For example, to use a patch with Pokémon™ Y, rename it to code.ips and put it in 0004000000055E00.
anyway know you know :teach:. . . enjoy

juan_3579

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an issue with the Animal Crossing games, I ended up corrupting save data before by not emulating the proper region. Try this:

/luma/titles/0004000000086200/locale.txt (for the regular Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori)

OR

/luma/titles/0004000000198D00/locale.txt (for the cartridge with Amiibo support, Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori: amiibo+)

The contents of the locale.txt should be:
JPN JP JP 01

This worked for me.

moebius77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try following the folder thing and create a structure like this: /luma/titles/000400000014F000/locale.txt inside locate .txt just write JPN EN that should work. But I cant test it since I already installed the Amiboo Update (I also have a JPN console) and now I cant start it on my EU console since it doesnt have the update installed.
Did exactly that but write JPN JP inside the file, maybe that was the mistake.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

JPN JP JP 01

This worked for me.

Will try that as well tomorrow. Really cant wait to play the game again.

moebius77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JPN JP JP 01

This worked for me.

Didn't work unfortunately as well. Tried both Animal Crossing version. A small success though: When I wrote JPN EN in the txt. file for Animal Crossing+ at least the train loading symbol from the beginning of the game was flashing for a bit.

Tried JPN JP JP 01 as well. But the same here.

moebius77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any other idea or do I have to buy a Japanese 3DS again to play Animal Crossing in Japanese :)

Maybe trying a tool to make my own CIA dump of the game region free would fix the problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse