Follow E3 2015 with GBAtemp

As we announced back in March, GBAtemp will be attending E3 this year and our reporter Ryukouki will be providing the community with fresh and exciting news of the video game industry!

To make this year's E3 even more exciting and enjoyable to follow on GBAtemp we have updated our site with the following features:
  • A real-time update feed on the homepage, refreshing automatically with the latest hot stuff (you can customize it here)
  • A global thread with all keynote & conference times and links to watch live - feel free to contribute to it by posting more links to video feeds.
  • Our live chatroom where you will be able to discuss and react to E3 news and talk with your fellow tempers during conferences
  • And of course, increased coverage with more gaming news, trailers and gameplay videos!
This is going to be the best E3 ever on GBAtemp! Thank you so much Ryukouki for making the trip to Los Angeles, and tj_cool for updating the site with awesome new features!

1431788290-8798-card.jpg

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't wait to see Sony disappoint Vita and PS4 owners by not showing Vita content and The Last Guardian.
Can't wait what Microsoft has to offer from Rareware. They've been hyping something fans will enjoy.
Also Square's conference sounds promising. Their Hype Video suggest that they show 6 unannounced Titles.
And Nintendo really needs to get their shit together with the Wii U. During the last few Nintendo Directs we've seen no Console seller at all.
I don't care about EA since the only thing they're good at is disappoint. Ubisoft is going to announce a new Ubi art engine game so I'd love to see that.
Let's see how this will turn out.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you guys need a "photographer" down there for next year let me know. ;)

Great to see temp continuing to take strides like these.

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG I seriously cannot wait, someone needs to punch me really hard so I can wake up the next day!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't wait to see Sony disappoint Vita and PS4 owners by not showing Vita content and The Last Guardian.
I think The Last Guardian will actually make an appearance this year. Of course I have no way to confirm this since the game news has basically been nonexistent for the better part of six years, but I think they rebuilt it from the ground up for the PS4 since the initial announcement somewhere around forever ago, so it would make sense that this year is the one that they finally have something to show. After all, in 2015, it would make no sense to announce an exclusive is still coming for the PS3.

Otherwise don't expect anything from Sony regarding the Vita pretty much from now to forever. They declared it a legacy console, even if they tried to backtrack and say "no, uh, we meant only the first generation". Either way the intent to follow through with almost zero game support is pretty obvious. I think it has been the most obvious since last year when a summer of game conferences ended in next to zero Western announcements for Vita owners, with Sony's big pull to the Vita being "WE GOT INDIES GAIS". Just gotta keep hoping that Japanese developers keep making games that they want to bring West for us.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
last guardian ? wasn't that supposed to be ps2 or ps3 game ?

I remember using it to poke fun at playstation fanbois many many years ago, this and gran turismo game, but i think gran turismo got released in the end.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
last guardian ? wasn't that supposed to be ps2 or ps3 game ?

I remember using it to poke fun at playstation fanbois many many years ago, this and gran turismo game, but i think gran turismo got released in the end.
Last Guardian was announced at E3 2009 with a release window basically of 2011, and it was going to be a PS3 exclusive. We basically have heard nothing about the game since E3 2009 except that it's apparently supposed to be showing up at E3 this year, although I'm reasonably certain that was just a rumor.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
if they're pulling it out it means they don't have much to show and it's just a space filler.
That seems like an odd conclusion. Most would assume that if they're finally showing it, that means the developer is ready to announce a release date that they won't abandon. It isn't as if Sony has said "don't show this until a year where we don't have much else, since ya know, people want this and we don't like money".

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Time is limited, i'm guessing they're gonna show it but not tell any concrete release date or say something that ain't concrete like prolly next year, only to delay later.
This game is common sony filler when they don't have much of a library. That's why this is my conclusion. Ofcourse i'd like to be wrong, after all it's possible i'll get ps4 at some point like all other sony consoles. But i don't think this is the year. I'm guessing they're gonna concentrate on morpheus this year, im expecting vr e3 this year

btw am i the only one who's not expecting anything from nintendo on e3 again ? I mean even ubisoft conference sounds more interesting to me ant that's something.

Vita disappointment is likely, though sad. Honestly i'm planning to get this toy, but i have a rule of not buying consoles that can't be completely modded :P

edit: on the good side, i'm actually expecting some nice multiplatforms this year, also more vr stuff, so in a way i'm actually looking forward to this e3, i think it's the time for the dry season in gaming to pass.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The last guardian is just the most anticipated Sony game since forever. I don't think Sony would bring it to the stage just as a filler. If something it would be the main big announcement.

Otherwise don't expect anything from Sony regarding the Vita pretty much from now to forever. They declared it a legacy console, even if they tried to backtrack and say "no, uh, we meant only the first generation". Either way the intent to follow through with almost zero game support is pretty obvious. I think it has been the most obvious since last year when a summer of game conferences ended in next to zero Western announcements for Vita owners, with Sony's big pull to the Vita being "WE GOT INDIES GAIS". Just gotta keep hoping that Japanese developers keep making games that they want to bring West for us.

Even if Sony didn't try to backtrack their statement they wouldn't be telling the truth. The Vita has a steady 3rd party support and it's own niche customer base.
The thing is this year is probably the year they have to try the least to hype Vita up. They could just announce localizations of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, God Eater 2 Rage Burst, Phantasy Star Nova, Saga 2015 and showcase Persona 4 DAN footage and finally reveal Gravity Rush 2. But we all know this won't happen.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Even if Sony didn't try to backtrack their statement they wouldn't be telling the truth. The Vita has a steady 3rd party support and it's own niche customer base. The thing is this year is probably the year they have to try the least to hype Vita up. They could just announce localizations of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, God Eater 2 Rage Burst, Phantasy Star Nova, Saga 2015 and showcase Persona 4 DAN footage and finally reveal Gravity Rush 2. But we all know this won't happen.
To be fair, the legacy title doesn't mean that third party support will dry up. It basically just marks the official end of first party support, as well as the end of manufacturing. By backtracking, it just means that only the OG model will be out of production (which is no surprise seeing as the 2K is simply cheaper to make), but the last year has more than taught us that Sony is done officially trying with the Vita. They've basically handed it to the Japanese third party developers and let them keep it.

With that said, E3 will be ass for the Vita. I won't be surprised if the Vita doesn't get mentioned at all, really. It's all about the PS4 hype train, keeping sales momentum and such. The Vita should have more of a presence at the more Japanese developer oriented conferences later in the summer.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In a way it's sad, i guess it's last generation of handhelds.. unless they're gonna start making android cellphone handhelds with exclusives..... actually i might see that working ....... i think.... then again after looking at play store i guess maybe not.

well i wonder if there's any more point to handhelds.. people don't tend to walk around with console but everyone has a cellphone.

I kind of saw it as a way for smaller devs, lower budget games to get to the market but with all the cloud tech, indie and ddl i feel it might be better for those to simply pick that route..

I know i'd get rune factory 5 if it was released on steam or psn ;P
Dunno if i will ever get another nintendo console though.. well i still didn't get wii and there are some games for that but in the long run ...

btw i wouldn't get it on android though... no buttons is still a problem for me, i know i can get an accessory but most of the stuff i see here is junk.

edit: still i guess console producers can make some android gear if they make a good job.. I'm using shield tablet, but mostly because it's a damn good tablet that fits my needs, it's gaming capabilities howere are .... prolly the kind of games that would work best - touch screen/mice games have the worst support ever.

Still i don't really regret getting the thing since i bought it as a tablet rather than console.

I guess a good cellphone with a gamepad would also be something i'd consider if i were looking for a cellphone.

The last guardian is just the most anticipated Sony game since forever. I don't think Sony would bring it to the stage just as a filler. If something it would be the main big announcement.
I'll agree with forever part.

Last edited by Ashtonx,

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In a way it's sad, i guess it's last generation of handhelds.. unless they're gonna start making android cellphone handhelds with exclusives..... actually i might see that working ....... i think.... then again after looking at play store i guess maybe not.

well i wonder if there's any more point to handhelds.. people don't tend to walk around with console but everyone has a cellphone.

I kind of saw it as a way for smaller devs, lower budget games to get to the market but with all the cloud tech, indie and ddl i feel it might be better for those to simply pick that route..

I know i'd get rune factory 5 if it was released on steam or psn ;P
Dunno if i will ever get another nintendo console though.. well i still didn't get wii and there are some games for that but in the long run ...

btw i wouldn't get it on android though... no buttons is still a problem for me, i know i can get an accessory but most of the stuff i see here is junk.

edit: still i guess console producers can make some android gear if they make a good job.. I'm using shield tablet, but mostly because it's a damn good tablet that fits my needs, it's gaming capabilities howere are .... prolly the kind of games that would work best - touch screen/mice games have the worst support ever.

Still i don't really regret getting the thing since i bought it as a tablet rather than console.

I guess a good cellphone with a gamepad would also be something i'd consider if i were looking for a cellphone.
Well over in japan its the exact opposite. People don't see much reason in getting home consoles and would rather buy a Handheld and big time publishers like square enix openly admitted that they are afraid gaming will shift completely to mobile if this generation fails to sell, while keep porting everything to mobile even though the input methods without a bluetooth gamepad are shit.

But I agree Sony and Nintendo should have make the next handheld a Smartphone hybrid. Even Windows 10 feels like it inherits some features from smartphones and tablets which is good imo.
Sony tried making a hybrid once with Xperia play but I believe that got less hype than the Vita and wasn't really popular anyway.
Freeing up a pocket would be nice though. Sony and Nintendo should try something along the lines of what Microsoft is doing with Windows 10 (making Windows apps run on PC, Xbox and Smartphone). If Sony and Nintendo did that for their products it would be much easier to support all products with less effort.

I personally love playing on handhelds and would hate it if they were gone. There are some genres that work much better on a portable hardware than they do on a stationary like Trading Card Games, Pokemon, FF Type-0 or MGS Peace Walker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1