focalprice sent me a bad acekard

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by aphexpusher, Mar 29, 2009.

Mar 29, 2009
  1. aphexpusher
    OP

Member aphexpusher GBAtemp Regular

United States
    some of my saved games are disappearing. Ill save one time and itll be fine. resume later as usual but other times I load it up and the save is gone. this is true for ff4 and N+ but gta chinatown wars has the same save (was the first game I tried on the damn thing) since I first played it. I am guessing that the games that hold on to saves are the ones where I quickly restart the system because the battery cant hold on to saves for very long or am I wrong? maybe I will test it some more but it is still defective regardless.

will focalprice be willing to replace it or give me a refund? is it even worth it if I have to send it back to them? (was only like 12 bucks). really do not want to take 12 bucks as a loss since I do not have money lying around right now... ah well. any suggestions on what my next step should be?

2. aphexpusher
    OP

United States
    Im thinking if I just use soft reset then it will always save my save game properly........ or am I wrong?

argh soft reset doesnt work with everything.....

ok so I have been messing with it a bit more lately and with ff4 I have been saving on all 3 slots instead of just one. now every once in a while one of the slots will have corrupted data. I am guessing with N+ that just keeps happening but there is only one main save... Im pretty screwed.... I think I will be investing in a cyclods....

3. MUDjoe2

Newcomer MUDjoe2 Advanced Member

United States
    I guess you're using the official Acekard firmware, considering I had a similar problem to this when I first got mine (from focalprice as well) with the official firmware. I reccomend the AKAIO (Acekard All-In-One) firmware, as it is MUCH better.

4. aphexpusher
    OP

United States
    really wish this were true. I have the akaio firmware since I received this thing...

5. MUDjoe2

Newcomer MUDjoe2 Advanced Member

United States
    That's odd, considering my setup works like a charm with AKAIO 1.4.0. Are you sure your MicroSD isn't damaged or anything?

6. aphexpusher
    OP

United States
    Im fairly certain about it. but hey Ill try another microsd card or two. couldnt hurt.

7. aphexpusher
    OP

United States
    ok so here is what I did:
    ONE: I got a new microsd card.
    TWO: I used the panasonic format tool
    THREE: I performed a séance and requested that they help remove any spirit that may be residing within my acekard.
    FOUR: ????
    FIVE: PROFIT

so as you can see if you do these things you should be fine. my acekard was fine. I just needed to perform a séance. [​IMG]

8. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You probably didn't need a new microSD card. It sounds like yours was corrupt, which means you just needed to reformat it using the Panasonic formatter. You should also make certain that you use "safely remove hardware" EVERY time you remove the microSD from your PC to avoid corruption.

-Bri