PS1/2 Homebrew app FMCB Memory card not working on SPCH-30001

dracanth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks, first post here scratching my head over this issue. I recently got a fmcb 1.966 memory card to softmod a fat 30001 model ps2 I have, but no matter what slot the card is in the system only boots into the standard browser. Plugging it into my slim it goes into the right menu just fine for free mcboot. As far as I know the fat model has not been modded with a chip either so I have no clue why it isn't working. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I've found a bunch of references on seller sites that the "generic FMCB cards" dont work on 30001 (google: free mcboot card not applicable to the 30001 model, or https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Memory...or-PS2-PlayStation-2-Free-McBoot/6CSY1E9N71OM ), which is odd, because FMCB is supposed to work on that revision.

And its not even the version of the FMCB install they are selling, I saw that warning on "older" versions as well.

Best I could come up with is, that its a strange interaction with 64MB (or generic MCs?) in general?

See:

As you have another console, try to get FMCB installed on an official Sony memorycard, following the 'official' setup tutorials and see if that works.

edit:

With FMCB there is a normal installer and a multi console installer. If the multi console installer doesnt work on a Sony memory card, try to get the normal installer (installs FMCb for that revision of the console only) on the 30001, using "another hacking method", on the 30001 console as well. Maybe. :)

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: Snomannen_kalle

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the above doesn't help, try downloading FreeDVDBoot prebuilt iso for 2.10 (covers some 30001 models) from here:
https://github.com/CTurt/FreeDVDBoot
if that will boot your console, you will be able to run the FreeMCBoot setup and build your own card for your specific model Here's a youtube tutorial for exactly that:

Then try booting with just the FreeMCBoot card you just made.

If that still doesn't work but the FreeDVDBoot disc did, you could always try making self-booting discs and not need FreeMCBoot at all using FreeDVDBoot ESR Patcher:
https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=9778
And a youtube tutorial for that is here:

If NONE of that works, you can try FunTuna instead. It supposedly works on EVERY PS2 ever made, but has to be manually launched every time you boot your PS2 (takes about 4 button clicks to launch)
https://www.psx-place.com/threads/funtuna-free-mcboot-for-fortuna.30973/

Good luck!

Last edited by esmith13,
Reactions: Snomannen_kalle

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay cause i have a SPCH-30001 but want to buy a FMCB Memory card but i dont want to make a mistake.
I assume he either installed Freemcboot on a genuine ps2 memory card on his slim with the fmcb mc he already had, or did it with the FreeDVDBoot disc, both achieve the same thing.

user123pd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belize
1647541200965.png

I think he used the FreeDVDBoot cause the SCPH-30001 is the only one that is tested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1