PS1/2 FMCB -- homebrew boots to black screen

Snomannen_kalle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey guys. I have a strange problem with FMCB -- I have installed a Matrix Infinity modchip in my phat PS2 (SCPH-390xx), and have used that to install FMCB (the newest version, downloaded from here) onto an original Sony 8MB memory card. When I boot my PS2, it shows the FMCB splash screen, and it lists configs, LaunchElf, and some other stuff, but I can't boot any of them from the menu. It only boots to a black screen. However, when I try to boot homebrew on my slim PS2 (SCPH-700xx), it works fine.

I tried to google the issue to no avail. What do you guys think? Can it be a prolem with my modchip?

Snomannen_kalle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Update:
I tried, with the same installer, to install FHDB on my internal HDD (without HDDOSD, on a Seagate ST3500630A, installed in the PS2 with an official Sony network adapter), but now the PS2 freezes when it boots to the browser, much like codezer0 explains in this post; I will follow that thread for more info regarding FHDB and troubleshooting that.

On another note, this old version of FMCB installer works on my phat PS2, and it boots homebrew just fine -- it seems to me that the problem might be the FMCB installer. I will try to install FMCB with an older version of the installer (downloaded from here). I will keep whomever might be reading this posted

Reactions: x65943

Snomannen_kalle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Update 2:
I tried with a few different installers, and, as I suspected, some of the older ones worked. I didn't try them all, but I tried v1.966, v1.94 and v1.964. With v1.94 and v1.964, FMCB works fine, but I encounter the same problem as before with v1.966.

When it comes to FHDB: It freezes, just like before, on v1.966, while it doesn't on v.1964 and v1.94. However, it doesn't want to boot any homebrew, on neither of the versions I tried -- it just boots to black screen. I will follow the thread mentioned in my previous post in that regard

Edit: After trying all the installers from the FMCB Installer thread on PS2-home, it seems compatability with the Matrix Infinity chip at v1.966; all v1.965 (and older) works as they should (except for FHDB, which still boots to black screen)

Last edited by Snomannen_kalle,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-