FM Transmitter quesion...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by funwithplaydough, Jun 12, 2007.

Jun 12, 2007
  1. funwithplaydough
    OP

Newcomer funwithplaydough Advanced Member

United States
    sorry not a gaming question....

Guys, I am looking for a new FM Transmitter. I currently have the following models(some new some second hand) Kensington iTrip, Belkin Tunecast 3 and an iriver AFT100 all of which are pretty crappy in the car while plaing the ipod(stations will cut in and out while driving). I would like to keep the digital readout for stations.

Any reccomendation on what you may use or know of that is good?

I am considering this brand but I have never heard of them and it is pretty expensive compared to what have already.

2. deduce

Member deduce GBAtemp Fan

United States
    From my experience, they all suck. I've tried Belkin, Monster, Griffin and other random brands but none were strong enough to keep a signal on my drive to work. A better option would be to replace your current car radio with one that has an auxilery input. Or if your radio has a cassette deck, get one of those tape deck adapters. Also check with your car dealer to see if they can install an auxilary jack onto your current radio. My dealer offered to install one on my current car, but I don't plan on keeping my car for much longer. Probably not what you were looking for, but FM Transmitters blow.

3. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    FM transmitters do suck, and are way overpriced. Just get a direct connection

4. funwithplaydough
    OP

Newcomer funwithplaydough Advanced Member

United States
    I would consider a new radio if I didn't just install the one I have late last year. Only other option I know of would be a FM Modulator that would connect between my Ipod and car antenna inpt on back of radio, it's what they use for Satellite radio or add-on CD Changers...sometimes.

5. pikachucrackpipe

Member pikachucrackpipe President

United States
    yeah really if you have a factory head unit - which it sounds like because you are using a transmitter get this
    http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansw....php?page_id=79

or if you have an aftermarket headunit or one with aux plugs get a good headphone to rca wire (you're going to need one regardless to hook up to the above device)