Hacking Flycast PS Vita Coming Soon Rinnegatamante.....

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there are more important things than processor speed but doesn't the New 3DS have an 804mhz processor where the Vita can only go up to 500mhz tops?
I have a N3DS but i mostly use it for watching 3D Moflex Films.... im not how powerful it is compared to Vita ...Metal Gear Solid 3 in 3D looked decent ...& so did both Zelda Remakes....

PZT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N3DS but i mostly use it for watching 3D Moflex Films.... im not how powerful it is compared to Vita ...Metal Gear Solid 3 in 3D looked decent ...& so did both Zelda Remakes....
The New 3DS is stronger than the original 3DS, it's a big difference, 266mhz vs 804mhz
Considering the Vita usually runs at 333mhz, 444mhz, and 500mhz, the New 3DS is more powerful
That's also why the N3DS has a couple games that are exclusive to it and can't run on O3DS, like Xenoblade
You can force Xenoblade to run on O3DS but the framerate is so bad Nintendo thought it was unplayable so not worth releasing and you can't play it that way without hacks
For good comparisons of what the N3DS can do when let off the leash, check out the 60fps hacks thread, or try running a 3DS game that lags badly on O3DS with Luma clocks configured to force 804mhz on N3DS
One of the best examples is Rayman 3D, the framerate is terrible on O3DS at like 15-ishfps while N3DS crushes it with a strong 60fps
I believe there is an FPS patch to get higher framerates out of MGS3D (as released it was capped at 20fps) but I don't know if it can be forced all the way to 60

Jafu O'leanders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the things the N3DS has going against it for something like Dreamcast, is its 240p screen, and the Dreamcast needs 480... If you expect it to look good anyway.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry guys,FlyCast continue to crash every time i try to load a game and create a dump in ux0:\data.
I installed PSM Runtime 2.01,the latest version of RetroArch,downloaded from VHBB(this too does not start and gives me an error).
I don't know what to do to start this emulator correctly!

Jafu O'leanders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the latest version of RetroArch,downloaded from VHBB(this too does not start and gives me an error).

I too had this issue, I had to completely purge all things to do with RetroArch and Flycast (using either a PC, or vitashell to:
-Delete the Retroarch data folder which is.. atleast for me in "Ux0:data".
-Freshly Reinstall RetroArch and Flycast
-Make sure you have the Dreamcast bios (named as "dc_boot.bin" and "dc_nvmem.bin") within (for me Ux0:data) "RetroArch/System/dc" folder.
..You can find the bios at various places all over the web.

Last edited by Jafu O'leanders,
Reactions: NeoGranzon

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
For those that have this up and running:

How do DC games look on the OLED screen? I'm expecting them to look awesome as the Dreamcast had so many vibrant, colourful games that were just made for that overly saturated screen so it would be a perfect match. Not to mention the Vita has the same level of dedicated cult following and general underappreciation by the plebs going for it as well.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@isamudyson ,i'm in the same situation as you. FlyCast crashes or it doesn't work,i wonder if the project has been abandoned,or will there be future updates?:unsure:
I really hope it does get better & works soon I've put about 30 gigs of Dreamcast games on my Vita lol.. But still mine doesn't crash & a handful of games work well but most lag bad...

Reactions: NeoGranzon

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really hope it does get better & works soon I've put about 30 gigs of Dreamcast games on my Vita lol.. But still mine doesn't crash & a handful of games work well but most lag bad...
@SuperDan ,please explain to me your configuration to make FlyCast work and if you have a PS Vita Fat or Slim(i have a Slim 3.65),maybe that's why it works or not.

Reactions: SuperDan

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
Sony should've hired him...
Too bad they never cared for the vita.

If he ever ports the "**** Chinaspeed" version of DamonPS2 to the Vita and it runs around as good as it does on switchroot:

I'd get myself a vita just for xyz and giggles.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SuperDan ,please explain to me your configuration to make FlyCast work and if you have a PS Vita Fat or Slim(i have a Slim 3.65),maybe that's why it works or not.
It's a fat boy OLED... Did you do the psm runtime 1st?

Last edited by SuperDan,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Unfortunately the PS Vita is not powerful enough to run Dreamcast games accurately and at full speed, unless said games got ported instead of emulated.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately the PS Vita is not powerful enough to run Dreamcast games accurately and at full speed, unless said games got ported instead of emulated.
I dunno about that... We never thought we would play android games. On Vita.. Or PC ports of GTA games.. The vita is full of surprises...

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since porting actual android games to ps vita seems to work would that also apply to porting android emulators, in this case i'm thinking the dreamcast android emulator redream, to ps vita?

Last edited by cvskid,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I dunno about that... We never thought we would play android games. On Vita.. Or PC ports of GTA games.. The vita is full of surprises...

Android games are not quite emulated, and those PC ports are from game decompilations mean you can port the game to basically anywhere that run them.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since porting actual android games to ps vita seems to work would that also apply to porting android emulators, in this case i'm thinking the dreamcast android emulator redream, to ps vita?
I think that was the original idea the FloW was trying to port ReDream which is amazing on pc and android ..& then Rinne pulled flycast out the bag ... i also know the FloW was semi working or at least trying to port PPSSPP to vita which if he does he will get $1800 bounty on that ....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Android games are not quite emulated, and those PC ports are from game de-compilations mean you can port the game to basically anywhere that run them.
Yeah i know you are right !! there but still i think it could be done with some coding magic ....i still have hope of playing Shenmue 2 on Vita!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.