Discussion Flycast Dreamcast Emulator Is Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by proffk, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Capcom vs SNK 2 (GDI->CHD DC Version) - Runs PERFECTLY, Videos run Smoothly, In-Game has some slight sprite Issues, but at least you can clearly distinguish the Characters. So the NAOMI Version "should" run the same. Just need to move over all the MAME Files to see if I can Test.

Let me guess.....when you go to Close the current Content, the Error is due to RetroArch, huh? "The software was closed because an error occurred." . Thinking that it is, because I read on the RA Switch Thread that others were getting that. No biggy.

EDIT - Capcom vs SNK 2 MAME Rom works perfectly.
    ------- Marvel vs Capcom 2 MAME Roms runs and looks perfect, but In-Game has slowdowns. (Service Button is not shown, only Test)
    ------- Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper MAME Rom/CHD Runs perfectly and looks great. (Service and Test Buttons are Present to make changes to Test/Service Menu)

Last edited by Smoker1, Sep 22, 2019
    Silent_Gunner likes this.
  2. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Restarting in general crashes RA most of the time with demanding cores on devices that aren't a Windows PC.

EmulateLife and Smoker1 like this.
  3. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Updated my RetroArch Cheats to include the MAME Version of the NAOMI Games. Just have SFZ3U, CvsSNK2 and MvsC2. Going to have to Update SFZ3U and CvsSNK2 so you have Inf Guard, and if needed, have the CPU have NONE! LOL :evil: .
    Just also wanting to get mslug6, but I think the MAME one might have Issues, because the NAOMI one is apparently unplayable right now on the Official Builds that have Flycast.

EDIT - Need confirmation - IS the KOFNW, KOFxi, KOFNW, MSLUG6 part of NAOMI? I'm guessing no? Either that or the MAME Rom Files wont work with it. Keep getting sent back to the RA Menu with a notice that it Failed to Load the Rom.

Toy Fighter works perfectly.

EDIT II - Crazy Taxi 1&2 both seem to work perfectly!!!!

4. Silent_Gunner

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    King of Fighters Neowave seems to have trouble working (it's honestly kind of like a version of KOF2002 if it was made on the NAOMI board) on every version of Reicast on all devices. I remember hearing someone said something about using a save state that's past the game booting up to get the game to work?

Otherwise, those are all NAOMI. Atomiswave is stuff like Guilty Gear Isuka, Guilty Gear X 1.5 (where the blood is white, Does That Remind You of Anything?), and FOTNS! I'd try different dumps.

Smoker1 likes this.
  5. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Well, for a few of them, I have to wait till the .lst Issue gets taken care of.

6. Silent_Gunner

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    You need those (the .lst files)!? Not that I've trashed them or anything...

7. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Only if you are running the NAOMI Version (Not MAME), I think. RetroArch's GitHub has them somewhere.

EDIT - @Silent_Gunner - Apparently you dont need the .lst Files anymore. Can directly run the Game Files.
    https://forums.libretro.com/t/cant-...eicast-not-loading-reicast/16705/11?u=smoker1

EDIT II - Unfortunately, NFL Blitz 2000 (GDI->CHD) and 4 Wheel Thunder (GDI->CHD) will not get past the SEGA Logo.

8. Esppiral

Esppiral GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    So it supports Naomi, but I guess it does not support Naomi 2, I am correct?

9. Silent_Gunner

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Correct. Only Demul supports NAOMI2, which isn't just a DC with double the RAM if my mind can remember correctly right now...I need to get some sleep...

10. Clapmaster

Clapmaster GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    I'd love Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 and RE Code Veronica on the Switch.

11. Esppiral

Esppiral GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    You can play them with reicast

Clapmaster likes this.
  12. tabnk

tabnk GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2016
    United States
    Only emulator in the world support Naomi 2 is DEmul.

13. jeferey

jeferey Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2019
    France
    Yes this version on reicast work fine!

Clapmaster likes this.
  14. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    You guys should use the MAME format for Atomiswave/NAOMI games as it is the proper format for those games.

15. Dabman

Dabman Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2016
    Poland
    well... DoA2 Millenium / Crazy Taxi 1/2 / Soul Calibur and Capcom vs. SNK2 i'm able to play with it? meanin Naomi roms

16. Gamerxxx

Gamerxxx GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2018
    Chile
    Can the mame emulator from retroarch on switch be able to run marvel vs capcom 2 and capcom vs snk 2?

17. Silent_Gunner

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Nope. Even if you had the files to run the game. The core for MAME as it gets updated would probably be too demanding for the Switch!

18. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    .lst files are depreciated in Reicast/Flycast. On Lakka it's the only way to play most Naomi roms, on this they don't work AFAIK.

19. zenjiki

zenjiki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2006
    United States
    With the latest build all the above games actually play fullspeed with OC, with maybe just a few graphical glitches with 2d games.

Flycast plays Dreamcast, Naomi, and Atomiswave games... and compatibility is pretty high already I would say.

Last edited by zenjiki, Sep 22, 2019
  20. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Last edited by EmulateLife, Sep 22, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted