Homebrew Discussion Flycast Dreamcast Emulator Is Coming Soon

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK.......not sure why, but my CAPvsSNK was the only one where I had to search for the Cheats again. All the other NAOMI Games should work with Reicast RA Cheats.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by m4xw,

jeferey

Trophies
XP
Country
France
tHANKS M4xw! FOR THE JOB! Soulcalibur, MSR, Speed Devils, Revolt, House of The Dead 2, Power Stone !!! ahhh Best game into switch, perfect for me, because is my favorite console! Thanks for sharing release!

Reactions: AronR

proffk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

No point talking about abandoned projects. This version by m4xw & mat will be far superior. soon If you look at how ppsspp was ported & developed for NSW. You will know with each update of flycast optimisation,compatibility & speed of regular updates will be way better than reicast switch build ever had.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently Sega has already Tested, and they confirmed that NAOMI does in fact work on the Switch. Dont know if they have any plans for Arcade NAOMI Games for the Switch, but........

Grabbed the 2nd Test Build that was made this Morning, but NAOMI (capvssnk.zip) seems to be running slower than the 1st Build. There is a Service Button now, and Cheats do in fact work under NAOMI. So the Dev is working on it. Just give it time, and this will be a awesome addition to RA on the Switch :D

EDIT - Oh, sorry for being Off-Topic, but m4xw mentioned that there is a Preview Build of a later MAME Core on Discord (not from him)????? Anyone know where that is?

EDIT II - 2nd Test Build was in fact a Debug Build, so nevermind.

Last edited by Smoker1,
Reactions: Silent_Gunner

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Apparently Sega has already Tested, and they confirmed that NAOMI does in fact work on the Switch. Dont know if they have any plans for Arcade NAOMI Games for the Switch, but........

Grabbed the 2nd Test Build that was made this Morning, but NAOMI (capvssnk.zip) seems to be running slower than the 1st Build. There is a Service Button now, and Cheats do in fact work under NAOMI. So the Dev is working on it. Just give it time, and this will be a awesome addition to RA on the Switch :D

EDIT - Oh, sorry for being Off-Topic, but m4xw mentioned that there is a Preview Build of a later MAME Core on Discord (not from him)????? Anyone know where that is?
Dont grab debug builds... ofc they run slower.
Also please dont advertise it like that, this is not a benefit of my patreon, just ppl helping testing when I dont have a device near.

I never said that

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont grab debug builds... ofc they run slower.
Also please dont advertise it like that, this is not a benefit of my patreon, just ppl helping testing when I dont have a device near.

I never said that
Not a problem.

From my Email
m4xw replied to your comment on m4xw's page.
You can try a preview on the discord, note its not a official "patreon release" of mine.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been rocking Naomi roms and a lot of them are also Dreamcast games but they save a lot of space. Most DC games the cdis are like 700 mb while Naomi are 50mb-100mb, and it's the same game.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've been rocking Naomi roms and a lot of them are also Dreamcast games but they save a lot of space. Most DC games the cdis are like 700 mb while Naomi are 50mb-100mb, and it's the same game.
You might know this already, but everybody should convert their GDI files to CHD - much smaller.

A full set (curated, removing dupes, WinCE, and stuff like horse racing games) is around 100GB as CHD. I bought a 512GB card for this.

Mouser X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I want is Skies of Arcadia. I prefer the GC version due to the additional content, but most of it was available on the Dreamcast as DLC. SoA:Legends (that's the GC version) *is* fully playable in Lakka, with occasional slowdown, but Lakka can be a bit more inconvienient than HOS. I bought a 2nd Switch specifically because I knew the hardware was powerful enough to play SoA portably (and very possibly SoA:L), so these developments are awesome. Thanks for all your hard work!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The Dreamcast version of Skies of Arcadia is better in some ways, anyway. The music in the GameCube version sounds wrong, for example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol