RELEASE Fluffy - A Tinfoil and Goldleaf GUI

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by fourminute, Jan 15, 2019.

1. n0v317y

n0v317y Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2018
    Ukraine
    Any way not to make inlay.png, icon.ico, tmp_fluffy_0 ??
    Little annoying

2. fourminute
    OP

fourminute GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2019
    United States
    Bug fixes and feature requests are always number one on my priority list, annoyances are not. I'm afraid you'll have to stick that bad boy in a folder and deal with it.

3. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    wow, you are on fire. Wasn't it like last week you released 1.0?

fourminute likes this.
  4. fourminute
    OP

Jan 15, 2019
    United States
    Yeah, I usually spend 8 hours a day working on Fluffy. It's raining a lot here and I am displaced from the Paradise, CA fire which burned down my home. So I have a ton of free time to code.

Right now, Goldleaf support is really taking a toll on me. I just hope I can fulfill that goal, then I can rest easy hah. That will probably be the biggest delay, perhaps even another week or month before Goldleaf support. But during that time I'll still be coding the same every single day.

It's just that figuring out how to make Fluffy work with Goldleaf has proved challenging. Despite C# literally being my home language that I used for the majority of my life.

5. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything is coming together for you. Life is more important than some homebrew code!
    Have you checked the GoldtreePy? I mean you don't have to revetering the wheel if it's already there? It's a opensource community after all :)

fourminute likes this.
  6. fourminute
    OP

Jan 15, 2019
    United States
    Holy cow!! There's GoldtreePy!? You mean, someone else already figure it out? I've been sitting here sending connection requests and so forth to Goldleaf* for nearly a week now.

I will get right on it asap. Thank you so much!

And don't worry, coding takes nothing away from me. It's a good way to get my mind off things.

linuxares likes this.
  7. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Ah so coding like a "zen" moment? Yes, I link it to you ages ago x3
    It reminds me sometimes when I'm just installing and messing with servers. It's sometimes frustrating but it's so relaxing just seeing everything working together. It's like a drug!

fourminute likes this.
  8. fourminute
    OP

Jan 15, 2019
    United States
    Yep! Exactly. And you know, if this GoldtreePy works. Expect Goldleaf support as soon as tomorrow. This changes everything.

linuxares likes this.
  9. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Oh it works, I use it all the time. It's a bit buggy but it can be just Manjaro and Goldleaf that doesn't work well together.
    I often need to disconnect the Switch and plug it back in again to start sending another NSP.

fourminute likes this.
  10. fourminute
    OP

Jan 15, 2019
    United States
    So that current Python script has those bugs? If so, I can definitely fix those bugs in the Fluffy release. So you may do multiple NSP installs. I miss using Linux, I was going to install it today but realized I still need to browse Goldtree's source on Visual Studio.

linuxares likes this.
  11. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Virtual machine my friend ;)
    I actually don't know if it's that or goldleaf or my computer. Or all together. Probably all together xD
    I mean Goldleaf is still in early coding, GoldtreePY if I understand correct was a fast "translation" of Goldtree for Python. Since Goldtree is only Windows. I tried get it running with Mono but no luck, I guess it's some .NET version I'm missing and I can't figure out which one if so. Installed 4.5 with Winetricks but, oh well. The GoldtreePy works so I felt it's no need to get it working.

Then a couple of weeks later, you show up! It's like everything fits together.

fourminute likes this.
  12. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I think the bugs come from Goldleaf, rather than GoldTreePy, but I guess you'll find out for sure once you get all up in that code :)

fourminute likes this.
  13. luk_pop

luk_pop GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2017
    Poland
    mytown
    Now works fine on AMS 0.8.2 :)

fourminute likes this.
  14. crow132

crow132 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    Saint Helena
    Hello, since i dont want to use USB, where should I install the driver?

also, the gui starts and then close right after, its not a disconnected switch issue, im kinda lost :/

Last edited by crow132, Jan 21, 2019
  15. fourminute
    OP

Jan 15, 2019
    United States
    You are missing PyUSB. Did you follow all of the instructions listed on the Github page?

16. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    After Goldleaf support, the only thing missing to this would be split nsp support.
    It's basically just the nsp in 4gb chunks named 00 01 02 03, in a folder with the archive tick set, named GAMENAME.nsp.
    At least tinfoil already knows how to deal with split nsps so it probably doesn't take a lot more than allowing fluffy to recognize the folder as a source for data to be pushed.

fourminute likes this.
  17. fourminute
    OP

Jan 15, 2019
    United States
    I will implement split NSPs most definitely.

linuxares likes this.
  18. opmas

opmas GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2016
    How to make the network install work? thanks

19. fourminute
    OP

Jan 15, 2019
    United States
    It's the easiest method by far. Just make sure your Switch and your PC is on the same network. All you do is load Tinfoil > Network Install NSP then on Fluffy enter your Switch's IP into the field and click "Host NSPs".

You should see a list of the NSPs appear on your Switch.

linuxares likes this.
  20. opmas

opmas GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2016
    Sorry, i got it already. thanks!

fourminute likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted