Fluffy - A Tinfoil and Goldleaf GUI

Fluffy
fluffy-intro.png

So what's different about Fluffy?

Fluffy is the first to introduce:
  • Goldleaf and Tinfoil Support.
  • USB and Network install with transfer rate and progress bar.
  • Display current install rate in MB/ for both USB and Network mode(Goldleaf & Tinfoil too)
  • Display current NCA name and count.
  • Transfer mode option switchable between "Normal" and "Safe".
  • Individual NSP selection (suggested by: ShadowHand, thanks!)
  • Show current NSP being installed
  • Switch connected indicator
  • USB 5.x Fix (Compatible with Firmware versions 5.x and below)
screenshot-fluffy-v240c.png

GitHub:
https://github.com/fourminute/Fluffy

Latest Releases
https://github.com/fourminute/Fluffy/releases

Recommended TinFoil.nro
https://github.com/fourminute/Fluffy/blob/master/Tinfoil.nro

How-To-Use
  • Download and Install Python 3 from https://www.python.org/downloads/. Ensure no previous version of Python is installed. This may cause an error "PyUSB not found". Do not use the 64-bit version of Python 3 with Fluffy.
  • Open Terminal/CMD
  • Run "pip3 install pyusb" and "pip3 install pyqt5" and "pip3 install libusb" and "pip3 install libusb1"
  • MacOS users must also run "brew install libusb". For more info on brew, head to https://brew.sh/.

Going forward,
I plan to support Fluffy for the foreseeable future.

I hope this tool can help anyone and everyone that uses it,
fourminute

Last edited by fourminute,

ScottNBNP

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This bug was fixed in 2.4.1.

Awesome, i like the update lets you choose between light and dark mode. However i am now having a new issue. When i select a NSP i get back to the "begin transfer" and it says it has 3 nsp's selected, which seem to be my name, then rom (could be the start of all the folders it is in) and then obviously when i try to send it to the switch there is nothing there. However it does decect i've tried to send anything, but as no nsp's were sent tinfoil is like WTF lol. I'll attach a video (if i can) with exactly what is happening, recoded it with obs.

fourminute

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, i like the update lets you choose between light and dark mode. However i am now having a new issue. When i select a NSP i get back to the "begin transfer" and it says it has 3 nsp's selected, which seem to be my name, then rom (could be the start of all the folders it is in) and then obviously when i try to send it to the switch there is nothing there. However it does decect i've tried to send anything, but as no nsp's were sent tinfoil is like WTF lol. I'll attach a video (if i can) with exactly what is happening, recoded it with obs.

Now that is weird, you're the first I have had run into that problem. It's honestly due to PyQt5's crappy file dialog process. Tkinter's was better but I can't use that anymore.

D

Deleted User

Looks like the nsp file could be the problem. did you copy paste the log file to fourminute? did you create the nsp or was it obtained elsewhere?

D

Deleted User

For anyone getting 0 speed or stuck transfer in goldleaf, check the naming of your NSP file (special characters like "(!,?") tend to do this.

I think the author has coded around this issue in the latest build. Also when I was using exfat it worked with Goldleaf and Goldtree with special characters in the file name of NSP

Last edited by ,

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I think the author has coded around this issue in the latest build. Also when I was using exfat it worked with Goldleaf and Goldtree with special characters in the file name of NSP

That's great! I didn't know about it, so thanks.
Grabbing the latest version now.
I must say @fourminute is a very active dev! I can't keep up with the updates lol!

fourminute

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it's fixed, I put in place a very hacky but solid solution to the problem that I tested on 3 separate computers. It could be Goldleaf's end, too.

That's great! I didn't know about it, so thanks.
Grabbing the latest version now.
I must say @fourminute is a very active dev! I can't keep up with the updates lol!
Thanks I appreciate the nice sentiment.

Good morning!

Reactions: Zumoly

fourminute

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fourminute is it possible for you to make so Fluffy checks the Github for a new fluffy.pyw version (example date or md5) and say there is a new update?
https://pypi.org/project/wget/
I had that actually in an earlier release and that's when you saw all those people with issues coming in here a day or so ago. Because I had to use a module named request which turns out most people don't have and it broke Fluffy for 90% of everyone lol.

Unfortunately I took it out and don't know if it will ever be back. But I am looking into somehow making it possible to show the icon of the NSP being installed.

So basically I'm trying not to use any more new modules anymore.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I had that actually in an earlier release and that's when you saw all those people with issues coming in here a day or so ago. Because I had to use a module named request which turns out most people don't have and it broke Fluffy for 90% of everyone lol.

Unfortunately I took it out and don't know if it will ever be back. But I am looking into somehow making it possible to show the icon of the NSP being installed.

So basically I'm trying not to use any more new modules anymore.
Ah fair! Hmm... to bad wget isn't installed in Windows, but in every damn *nix distro since like the birth of it. Then the problem would been solved that way.

EDIT: @fourminute https://docs.python.org/3/library/urllib.request.html#module-urllib.request This isn't so much a module someone must pip, but inbuilt already. Would this be an option? Even if it's one more module.

Last edited by linuxares,

fourminute

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmm yes, must be possible to check the Release page of the github, and do a "else/if". For example if the version 2.4.0 is lower than 2.5.0, then download from X. else continue.

(Sorry, you're just so bloody good at updating so you fall out of which version is the latest fast xP)

Last edited by linuxares,
Reactions: fourminute

fourminute

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next release will have an options screen, menu bar, and hopefully translations too. I have a degree in Language and can translate it to Viet and Korean and someone else is doing Chinese and Japanese.

Attachments

• screeny.png
    screeny.png
    409.6 KB · Views: 117
D

Deleted User

Using latest build, pip updated, installed everything as required and when launching it appears for a split second and disappears.
DEBUG:root:Fluffy Log: If you see nothing here. Good!
ERROR:root:No backend available
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\anon\Desktop\Fluffy-2.4\fluffy.pyw", line 1148, in <module>
set_switch_text()
File "C:\Users\anon\Desktop\Fluffy-2.4\fluffy.pyw", line 978, in set_switch_text
dev = usb.core.find(idVendor=0x057E, idProduct=0x3000)
File "C:\Users\anon\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\usb\core.py", line 1263, in find
raise NoBackendError('No backend available')
usb.core.NoBackendError: No backend available

D

Deleted User

Using latest build, pip updated, installed everything as required and when launching it appears for a split second and disappears.
DEBUG:root:Fluffy Log: If you see nothing here. Good!
ERROR:root:No backend available
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\anon\Desktop\Fluffy-2.4\fluffy.pyw", line 1148, in <module>
set_switch_text()
File "C:\Users\anon\Desktop\Fluffy-2.4\fluffy.pyw", line 978, in set_switch_text
dev = usb.core.find(idVendor=0x057E, idProduct=0x3000)
File "C:\Users\anon\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\usb\core.py", line 1263, in find
raise NoBackendError('No backend available')
usb.core.NoBackendError: No backend available

Your Pyusb and Libusb are not installed properly

Reactions: fourminute

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/