Florida Taser Incident

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jumpman17, Sep 24, 2007.

Sep 24, 2007

Florida Taser Incident by jumpman17 at 1:49 AM (1,532 Views / 1 Likes) 16 replies

1. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    http://glumbert.com/media/ufpolicetaser

Alright, this is big in the news right now.

This idiot just wanted to be a smartass and get his 15 minutes of fame. Well, he got it...from a taser. He really had no right to get up and accuse the speaker of such things. It's defamation of character. He wasn't required to attend the 2 hour talk. He chose to. They told him to just sit down, after he continued to just be an overall idiot and wouldn't stop, they had to call the police in. They told him to sit down, he refused. Finally they started to pull him away which the crowd then cheered showing how much of an idiot he was really being when your fellow students are glad that you finally got shut up. He continued to resist arrest and was warned that he would be tased if he didn't calm down. Nope, he wanted to have his 15 minutes of fame. So the police gave it to him.

Now, I don't think police should ever tase anyone, the cops however didn't simply tase him out of nowhere right away without warning like so many cases before, but they warned him and he just wouldn't calm down.

I do like the shirts that people are selling that say "Don't tase me bro!"

DISCUSS!

Brian117 likes this.
  2. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    'don't tase me bro!'

they shouldn't have tried to arrest him but he could have avoided being tased if he didn't resist arrest. it's bullshit that they didn't let him finish his question but he made it a lot worse for himself.

Brian117 likes this.
  3. pkprostudio

Member pkprostudio No

United States
    I would tase him myself if it happens somewhere near me.

Brian117 likes this.
  4. Hiratai

Banned Hiratai I'm like *tick* *tick*

United States
    *kings him new best friend*

Brian117 likes this.
  5. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Isn't this going against freedom of speech?

Brian117 likes this.
  6. Taras

Member Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

United States
    I think had he spouted off in the free speech zone, ie. that chain link fence partitioned area the authorities set up down the street from any such venue, he would have been fine.

Brian117 likes this.
  7. jumpman17
    OP

United States
    Not once you cross into the line of defamation of character.

And it was a question and answer session. Not a "make a bunch of stupid accusations and say they are questions even though they aren't"

Brian117 likes this.
  8. Azimuth

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    he was making a bit of sense in the beginning but the skull and bones crap was too much.

Brian117 likes this.
  9. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    kerry could have handled it better, he just stood there and let the cops do their thing..

I'm not sure if something like that counts as defamation of character, he's asking for questions so obviously there's going to be some challenging things said and asked.

the dude was over the top though, I'm not going to deny that

Brian117 likes this.
  10. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    Um....the cops said "Calm down or I will tase you"...they warned...and then did their job.

Several cops were holding down the kid cause he was throwing a girlie fit...several...now they need to safely get him out without the kid hurting someone...

He already demonstrated he was a nut job out for Kerry...so being a law official I would be worried he would A) try to attack Kerry or B) Possibly go nuts maybe kick and hurt a person in the audience.

Had he gotten away from the police and done A or B everyone would have been like OMG I can't believe the police HAD him and then he got away and busted out that girls teeth or whipped that object at Kerry. So before standing him up they wanted him to CALM down.

Furthermore getting cuffed and removed from a building does not mean your arrested. Anyone should know this...if you get pulled over by a cop does that mean you automatically get a ticket? If your in a bar fight and the cops remove you from the bar are you automatically arrested? NO...they were removing someone who was disruptive and most likely would have let him GO OUTSIDE THE BUILDING had he calmed the fuck down.

Again...step outside...okay no here is what we want...your not welcome here anymore, good bye. No arrest...no tasing...no 15 minutes of fame.

Also there is NO violation of freedom of speech. If jumpmans invites me over to dinner and I jump on a chair and start yelling...screaming the crazy frog song...whatever... he has every right to ask me to live and if I refuse HE CAN call the cops.

Bout all I have to say on the matter.

Brian117 likes this.
  11. zi70410

Member zi70410 GBAtemp Regular

"don't tase me bro" lmao

Brian117 likes this.
  12. iffy525

Member iffy525 not famous

United States
    there was a thing on the radio about "don't tase me bro" products. it was funny [​IMG]

Brian117 likes this.
  13. sasuke_kun12

Member sasuke_kun12 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    where do u get them "Don't Tase Me Bro!" t-shirts from?

Brian117 likes this.
  14. jumpman17
    OP

United States
  15. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    This happened at USF (I think, not UF), which is really close to me (my mom is going to start getting a master's there next semester, even)
    It was all over my newspaper because it was a local event. They even linked to the cafepress guy that's selling "don't taze me bro" stuff.

16. hollabackitsobi

Member hollabackitsobi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That was PRETTY damn stupid. I'm not saying "fuck the police", but I'm saying "fuck the corrupt police", or just the stupid ones, which is a lot of them, sadly.

Brian117 likes this.
  17. santakuroosu

Member santakuroosu GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    It was the campus security, it wasn't the police, besides, the little prick was warned that if he didn't stop struggling he'd get the taser.
    He deserved it.

Brian117 likes this.