Homebrew Flipnote Studio preinstalled on Australian DSi XL?

Reynardine

Fuchsly
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello folks,
I want to buy a DSi XL which has Flipnote Studio preinstalled so I can get HiyaCFW on it.
Does anybody know whether the Australian versions of the DSi XL came preloaded with Flipnote?

I'm asking because many websites claim that it is preinstalled on all DSi XL systems, but that's just not true.
It was never included on European consoles. (I live in Germany. I watched several german and UK unboxing videos to confirm this)

I don't want to buy a Japanese version becuse of the language barrier and the few New US consoles I found are very expensive.
If anybody knows this for sure I'd appreciate an answer.

Many thanks in advance.

D

Deleted User

I remember my brother's DSi XL had some games pre-installed on it but I can't recall if flipnote is one of them.
Couldn't you get a used DSi XL from somewhere?

Reynardine

Fuchsly
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I remember my brother's DSi XL had some games pre-installed on it but I can't recall if flipnote is one of them.
Couldn't you get a used DSi XL from somewhere?
I guess it would be possible to get one that way, but most people selling used DSi's did a factory reset before they offer them for sale.
After the factory reset Flipnote Studio is gone, as far as I know.

I would have to ask the seller whether it is still installed before buying a used console.

I've also had quite a few bad experiences with buying used consoles in the past so I'm not too keen on that unless it's the only option.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought a european DSi XL a few months ago here in germany and it had Flipnote Studio preinstalled.

Now, I bought it used (obviously) from a private seller on ebay so it might have originated from outside germany, but that does not seem very likely.

Reynardine

Fuchsly
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just wanted to let y'all know that I decided to buy a used german DSi XL from a seller who confirmed that Flipnote was still installed on it.
He used screen protectors on it from day one and the device appears to be in great condition, so I'm happy now.

The reason why I wanted a DSi XL in the first place is that DS and DSiWare games look awful (in my opinion) on the 3DS/XL because of the blurriness and black bars.
My old phat DS died long ago and the 3DS just doesn't do it for me when playing old DS games.

Reactions: ZeroXoreZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1