FlatMii Review

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really worth it unless you have a lot memory on your pc and not worth having your pc open just to play wii.at least for me because my pc really doesn't have that much memory and i'm not near a tv.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kristianity77 said:
im yet to jump on the Wii bandwagon, but this has made my interest just a little bit higher. Next step of booting from an external HardDrive (cutting out the PC) and im sold

that when i may think of buying this if i could just use a hard drive like you said.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i know ill get slaughtered for asking this. But i can see that this will run almost anything gamecube and anything Wii. But will this allow you to run Virtual Console Stuff too?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kristianity77 said:
i know ill get slaughtered for asking this. But i can see that this will run almost anything gamecube and anything Wii. But will this allow you to run Virtual Console Stuff too?

No, you can't. This is a DVD drive emulator, so you can run anything you would normally run on disc. Installing Virtual Console WADs on your Wii is accomplished by a different process, well described in the forums!
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tanas said:
Using up 4gig of HD space for the sake of a 10pence DVD-R, is a bit stupid if you ask me.

We have the scrubbing app and compressed directories/iso images you know.

re VC stuff, something may be happening at some point but more importantly the earlier consoles are emulated fairly well and with SDHC/USB support....

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Tanas said:
Using up 4gig of HD space for the sake of a 10pence DVD-R, is a bit stupid if you ask me.

We have the scrubbing app and compressed directories/iso images you know.

re VC stuff, something may be happening at some point but more importantly the earlier consoles are emulated fairly well and with SDHC/USB support....
If you could just simply connect an external HD to the Wii's USB then it would be great, having to turn on my PC just for a quick game of Wii Sports just doesn't appeal to me, but maybe thats just me...

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pimpmynintendo said:
Would anybody know if having firmware 3.4 on my Wii block me from using this(Wii hasn't been modded before)

It works no matter what the firmware of your Wii is. Your Wii doesn't have to be modded, either. All the chip does is pretend to be the DVD drive, so the Wii treats it like one.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
Pimpmynintendo said:
Would anybody know if having firmware 3.4 on my Wii block me from using this(Wii hasn't been modded before)

It works no matter what the firmware of your Wii is. Your Wii doesn't have to be modded, either. All the chip does is pretend to be the DVD drive, so the Wii treats it like one.
thanks I appreciate the quick response.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I never heard of this and I've been on GBAtemp for quite a while. I'll read it up in a bit!

Question though. For games that require an update, can you still remove the update and play normally?

What about games like Animal Crossing which have some kind of different IOS? Which is required for wiispeak and such. Would those games still work?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anakir said:
Wow I never heard of this and I've been on GBAtemp for quite a while. I'll read it up in a bit!

Question though. For games that require an update, can you still remove the update and play normally?

What about games like Animal Crossing which have some kind of different IOS? Which is required for wiispeak and such. Would those games still work?

Yes, you can block updates.
smile.gif

All games work--you can choose to block and/or install whatever you want. You'll need to use your favourite homebrew to manage your IOS files, just as you would with a modchip.

mcjones92

Kingpin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the idea. I think I will just stick with my modchip though. I would get it if it supported straight external hard drive.
Maybe if my drive ever fails I will consider something like this.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im somewhat talking off the top of my head, but perhaps a web front end could be created for the ISO selection? That way you could go into the Opera Browser and change the game you want to play? Maybe some kind of packaged Apache web server that sends commands to the application (via command line options?)

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. Thanks for the response. This sounds really nice to have, but I'm going to wait for one that supports Extern HDs as well 'since my Wii's already modded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"