Diffusion

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This was posted at Wiinewz a few hours ago, but since nobody has posted about it here yet.... thought I would, since it seems pretty interesting.

QUOTE said:
We are proud to announce our new wii device named "FLATMII" and introducing a new concept of the wii use.Flatmii doesnt require any kind of soldering,clip or software modification for installing . No modchip is required, flatmii is a simple
Plug and Play device and the installation only needs a few easy steps .

Share any wii supported format from your PC using Highspeed 2.0 USB protocol . Play or emulate anyone of your stored Wii/Gamecube image discs . Forget about problems like newest drive chipsets including EPOXY or D3 ,Dre's or long and noisy disc loadings

You can even use your Wii without a Wii DVD drive or with a faulty or damaged because it's not required
for the FLATMII use

Official webpage is http://www.flatmii.com , it includes full features,picture of the product ,videoinstallation tutorial and Video Demo links

nas939

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IF this is real then... well... this is freaken awesome.

Not sure exactly how it works or what's going on though?

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow! If that's real, Then Modchips are really screwed
laugh.gif

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I saw, you still need to open your wii for this, you need to put electrical tape and some double tape on god knows what in the lector of your wii and I got totally lost on the usb part. So, this is no solution since the idea is not to open the wii. Id say this is fake till new REAL confirmation and obviously, Ill stay with gamma
wink.gif

On the other hand, a new cIOS and an improved version of the loader with 6x or closer to that (I know Im dreaming, now that would be AWSOME news
smile.gif
smile.gif

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, i went to the flatmii site and viewed both video tutorials. i want to know what the hell is that small wire coming off the back about? what is its function? i feel somebody pulling my leg. if this is real then, good luck. with all the trouble to install this, i would rather get a chip.

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This smells funny. "Hang the wire out the USB hole"?????? You should not have installation vid's and not have any real documentation on your site. I'll believe it when I see more conclusive proof.

sirdashadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume the wire that sticks out ends with a mini usb port to connect to the pc. Then on the PC you upload the ISO into the chip or at least the chip would redirect the dvd commands and data into your pc and would load the data from there. I guess this would bypass all security methods?

Edit: Something similar to PSP's USBHOSTFS. See http://www.google.com/search?q=psp+usbhostfs

frostyfrosty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok think about it this way guys.... what homebrew maker sets up such a "Flashy" website with BIG hints of cheezy fake-ness in it.

1) unknown till now.
2) they will aparently be "Selling" it
3) the videos can be faked very easily

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, wahts with that ball on the site? i click it and the ball stops "moving" and then i click it again and it starts going again. LOL, im so confused, that i lost interest already. good luck on all your stuff.

lourens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is a USB cable from your PC that replaces the Wii Drive. Easy as that. If you have a PC next to your Wii it might be handy, otherwise no. Unless...wireless.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the drivers and application are not up yet...
frown.gif
i was hoping to try to decompile the app (since it is .net) in order to prove this is a scam. it might be possible but i don't see how it is possible to override the ios without some kind of program overflow, although usb handling is done by ios. maybe it sends some bad data, crashes the ios usb handler and then causes it run some code to download a new ios and run it. sounds a little farfetched though. it could just be that it runs an in memory patching application but i dont know if that would even be possible under these circumstances.

if this does work, it'll be more impressive than any console hack we've seen so far.

lourens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Guys, they remove the Wii Drive yeah? You know that cable between the Wii Drive and the Wii?
They replaced that cable with a USB cable. So: PC--USB---WiiDrivePlug---Wii. They just send the .iso as if it is a DVD in the Wii Drive. The USB cable is hanging out of the Wii. It is NOT connected to the USB plug of the Wii, it is not a SoftMod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1