Flat360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Blue Zoidberg, Mar 5, 2009.

Mar 5, 2009

Flat360? by Blue Zoidberg at 4:31 PM (642 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Blue Zoidberg
    OP

Member Blue Zoidberg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've ordered my FlatMii and am anxious to get it going, but it made me wonder.
    Would it be possible to make a FlatMii type device for the Xbox 360?
    I think it'd need to have SATA cables rather than the standard DVD ribbons, and some way to grab the drive's signature and keep it in memory (or maybe just on your PC).
    Then people who don't have dual layer burners could make backups and it'd be a whole lot cheaper [​IMG]

-BZ

2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I don't know how useful would be for 360.

As for Wii games, they're just 4,3gb and you can shrink them. If you shrink them, you can actually fit a LOT of games on your HD.

Instead, 360 games area all over 6,5gb and are unshrinkable. Just by having 20 games on HD you'd end up with over 120gb occupied just by isos [​IMG]

I dunno how cheap it'd be in the long run.

Also the 360 security is pretty tight-locked, it may even be impossible to do on the 360 [​IMG]

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    We discussed this the other day although it was buried in another section:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=136833

Long story short it could well be possible.

"don't have dual layer burners"
    The vast majority of drives will burn dual layer discs, they can get a bit iffy on dual play +r rewritables but they are not necessary for this. Failing that the drives themselves are very cheap these days.

4. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Actually, I think it would be pretty profitable raulpica. I bought my external like a year ago when prices where higher, and I got 250Gb for 110 bucks. You can get like 1Tb for less than 100 at newegg now.