Flashme Without SuperKey?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by ReFlexx, Nov 29, 2006.

1. ReFlexx
    OP

ReFlexx Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2006
    Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, so firstly hello everyone! - I am shortly going to own a black ds lite and wanted a little help if I may?

OK, I'm a tad confused with something. Let me share my thoughts so far:

1) To run homebrew software/backups etc I need :

- Flashcart device ie Supercard Lite with microSD card.

-Method of booting from GBA Slot, ie SuperKey, FlashME installed.

2) If I am right in the above, then what I want to know is... I would like to flash the DS Lite with FlashMe. Can I flash without the SuperKey? I read on this tutorial : http://www.ndshb.com/modules.php?name=News...article&sid=108

The tutorial states, under the first picture saying:

"Tool required. Screwdriver, Something to short SL1 (Some rolled up tin foil in this case, with a piece of tape wrapped around it so that it will not short anything else), PassMe2, DS Game or NoPass (what I'm using), and Media to hold flashme.nds"

I am interested in the part which says "PassMe2, DS Game or NoPass" particularly "DS Game"

My point being, can I flash the DS Lite using FlashMe V7, a Supercard Lite (with memory card) and an original DS Game?

All I would like to know is, do I have to buy a SuperKey or similar device to flash using FlashMe?

I would be greatful for any and all help offered!

Thanks Guys

Matt

2. spectral

spectral Newbie

without flashme already on a DS the only way to boot DS code from the supercard/M3 is with a passme/passkey device. So without one the flashme installer wont run.

3. Propionation

Propionation Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2006
    United States
    A Superkey or Passcard 3 are NoPass devices. Passcard 2 needs to be programed to a original NDS game to work. Yes you can run a Supercard lite with Flashme v7 on a DS lite. However you need a NoPass like the Superkey to flash the DS lite. It really is an easy process I would recommend you to flash your DS.

4. stop_loading

stop_loading GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2006
    superkey = nopass

if you want to flash without using any passme/nopass device (like superkey), then your only option is WIFIme

5. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    I don't think WIFIme works with the DS lite, or newer DS phats for that matter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice