Flashme Without SuperKey?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by ReFlexx, Nov 29, 2006.

Nov 29, 2006

Flashme Without SuperKey? by ReFlexx at 2:16 PM (902 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. ReFlexx

Newcomer ReFlexx Newbie

Nov 29, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, so firstly hello everyone! - I am shortly going to own a black ds lite and wanted a little help if I may?

OK, I'm a tad confused with something. Let me share my thoughts so far:

1) To run homebrew software/backups etc I need :

- Flashcart device ie Supercard Lite with microSD card.

-Method of booting from GBA Slot, ie SuperKey, FlashME installed.

2) If I am right in the above, then what I want to know is... I would like to flash the DS Lite with FlashMe. Can I flash without the SuperKey? I read on this tutorial : http://www.ndshb.com/modules.php?name=News...article&sid=108

The tutorial states, under the first picture saying:

"Tool required. Screwdriver, Something to short SL1 (Some rolled up tin foil in this case, with a piece of tape wrapped around it so that it will not short anything else), PassMe2, DS Game or NoPass (what I'm using), and Media to hold flashme.nds"

I am interested in the part which says "PassMe2, DS Game or NoPass" particularly "DS Game"

My point being, can I flash the DS Lite using FlashMe V7, a Supercard Lite (with memory card) and an original DS Game?

All I would like to know is, do I have to buy a SuperKey or similar device to flash using FlashMe?

I would be greatful for any and all help offered!

Thanks Guys

2. spectral

spectral Newbie

without flashme already on a DS the only way to boot DS code from the supercard/M3 is with a passme/passkey device. So without one the flashme installer wont run.
  3. Propionation

Newcomer Propionation Advanced Member

Dec 1, 2006
    United States
    A Superkey or Passcard 3 are NoPass devices. Passcard 2 needs to be programed to a original NDS game to work. Yes you can run a Supercard lite with Flashme v7 on a DS lite. However you need a NoPass like the Superkey to flash the DS lite. It really is an easy process I would recommend you to flash your DS.
  4. stop_loading

Member stop_loading GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2006
    superkey = nopass

if you want to flash without using any passme/nopass device (like superkey), then your only option is WIFIme
  5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    Portland, OR
    United States
    I don't think WIFIme works with the DS lite, or newer DS phats for that matter.