flashme with a g6lite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by bgwelistyl, Oct 3, 2006.

Oct 3, 2006

flashme with a g6lite by bgwelistyl at 11:44 PM (614 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. bgwelistyl
    OP

Newcomer bgwelistyl Newbie

United States
    I would like to flash my friend's DS system and I already own a g6 lite.

I'm familiar with using the tinfoil toothpick method/SL1 hole to short circuit. I was just wondering ...do I need to get A Passme2 + Compatible game/Passcard device ? or can I just insert my cartridge (with the flashme.nds file) inside?"

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    read the flashme guide, you need a passme device because you cannot run the .nds file in DS mode (that's what flashme is, flashme.nds) without a passme device.

3. RyuKakashi

Member RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You do need some sort of way to run flashme in nds mode whatever method that be.

It's not advised to flash with a g6 lite because if you happen to mess up, you will not be able to use the recovery.

Although it isn't easy to mess up a flash, just be careful.

4. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    You won't be able to use the recovery with the G6 Lite, but you can with another flashcart. I know you know that, but I'd like to point that out, otherwise one might think their DS is totally unrecoverable because of using a G6 Lite to flash.

I flashed my DS Lite with my G6 Lite without any problems [​IMG] I used this thingy:

[​IMG]