flashme with a g6lite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by bgwelistyl, Oct 3, 2006.

1. bgwelistyl
    OP

bgwelistyl Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2006
    United States
    I would like to flash my friend's DS system and I already own a g6 lite.

I'm familiar with using the tinfoil toothpick method/SL1 hole to short circuit. I was just wondering ...do I need to get A Passme2 + Compatible game/Passcard device ? or can I just insert my cartridge (with the flashme.nds file) inside?"

2. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

May 6, 2006
    United States
    read the flashme guide, you need a passme device because you cannot run the .nds file in DS mode (that's what flashme is, flashme.nds) without a passme device.

3. RyuKakashi

RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2006
    United States
    You do need some sort of way to run flashme in nds mode whatever method that be.

It's not advised to flash with a g6 lite because if you happen to mess up, you will not be able to use the recovery.

Although it isn't easy to mess up a flash, just be careful.

4. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Sep 12, 2003
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    You won't be able to use the recovery with the G6 Lite, but you can with another flashcart. I know you know that, but I'd like to point that out, otherwise one might think their DS is totally unrecoverable because of using a G6 Lite to flash.

I flashed my DS Lite with my G6 Lite without any problems [​IMG] I used this thingy:

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice