Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So flashme seems like the ultimate choice, is there any reason I should not flash my system? Why would I bother with a passme that sticks outta the unit when I can have it all internal? Thanks much as um....for some reason I am interested in this now......

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
same here, but form what i read you need wifime or a passme for the flashme to work in the first place i think lol. i wish there were better instructions ont he flashme page then what they have as its a bit wierd for me to understand, and that darkdain loader thing keeps telling me i have too many parameters and it never makes the .gba.nds file

if ultimately the flashme will work instead of the passme, then are there any better not alot of reading instructions i can read
tongue.gif
and does flashme require a passme?? im sure i read it needed a passme or wifi me.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flashme requires a wifi me once and then your done. Wifi me is pretty simple but offers the nuisance of not being able to load gams on the go. I just need to know if there is any reason not to flash besides you know a 150 dollar brick

mekaxero

I am the alpha, and the omega
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the flashing process is easy, i have flashed mine 3 times, got in on one of the betas, and 2 of the regular releases, its good to boot up my ds, and not see that stupid health screen, it goes straight to the menu, or if i have nds bootables on my flashcart(whether they be demos and such on my ezfa, or games on my XG2T), it starts that up. and u hold select to go right to the menu, in case i do have a gba cart in with stuff and just want to play my ds game.

So after 3 flashings, i have not ended up with a brick yet, and if they release another firmware upgrade, i shall flash it again.

have not heard any good reasons to not flash, other than if u screw up, u have a brick(but after the first flash, u do not need to put a screwdriver in the hole in the battery compartment anymore, so it is hard to screw up after the first, altho the first was very easy too), and it might void ur waranty, but i never need my waranty when it is still good anyway, i mod all my stuff
smile.gif

deduce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Resident0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It just irritates me how anyone that could consider themselves 'In The Scene' could force people to pay extortionate prices for a flashcart for DS knowing full well that there was other methods around that would have made the whole process far easier and cheaper.

Guess money talks even in the supposedly 'Free' scene.

dEC0DED

Trophies
Website
www.visualdecibel.com
XP
Country
Canada
It just irritates me how anyone that could consider themselves 'In The Scene' could force people to pay extortionate prices for a flashcart for DS knowing full well that there was other methods around that would have made the whole process far easier and cheaper.

There is no DS scene. Untill there is a way to play these roms without propreitory hardware there won't be one.

GST = NeoFlash group. Bunch of fuckin idiots.

whatwhat

Trophies
XP
Country

This kind of thing actually happens a lot in the movie piracy scene, and it's certainly nothing new. The idea is, these guys are doing all of this piracy work pro bono, and the idea of large amounts of money coming in for something so easy is extremely appealing - Especially to poor college students with hulking tuition bills.

If a Chinese pirate gives you the option of betraying the scene for a good, steady amount of money, the chances of selling out shoot off like a roman candle.

dEC0DED

Trophies
Website
www.visualdecibel.com
XP
Country
Canada

This kind of thing actually happens a lot in the movie piracy scene, and it's certainly nothing new. The idea is, these guys are doing all of this piracy work pro bono, and the idea of large amounts of money coming in for something so easy is extremely appealing - Especially to poor college students with hulking tuition bills.

If a Chinese pirate gives you the option of betraying the scene for a good, steady amount of money, the chances of selling out shoot off like a roman candle.
Stop watching thescene episodes. You know nothing.
smile.gif

and GST = NeoFlash

I doubt they get any fucking money man. More like Kits.

TPi

One Tired Raccoon
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

smile.gif

and GST = NeoFlash

laugh.gif
ahahahahhahahahahahha...that's the exact plot to tehsk3ne...wow. Nice catch
, dECOPANDABEAR.
biggrin.gif
Those crazy Chinese and their piracy.
happy.gif

~skizziks

dEC0DED

Trophies
Website
www.visualdecibel.com
XP
Country
Canada

smile.gif

and GST = NeoFlash

laugh.gif
ahahahahhahahahahahha...that's the exact plot to tehsk3ne...wow. Nice catch
, dECOPANDABEAR.
biggrin.gif
Those crazy Chinese and their piracy.
happy.gif

~skizziks
hahahah i know man. and it's only the chinese too. Not anyone else.
sleep.gif

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So flashme seems like the ultimate choice, is there any reason I should not flash my system? Why would I bother with a passme that sticks outta the unit when I can have it all internal? Thanks much as um....for some reason I am interested in this now......

If you have a compatible wi-fi card, there is no reason not to use flashme.

I read that the maker of the Passme card said he'll no longer be making any more because of flashme.

I just replaced my DS firmware with flashme last night and it was easy! I can't wait till we can start playing commercial DS rahwmz.
grog.gif

flashermac

Trophies
Website
www.flashermac.netfirms.com
XP
Country
Hiya,

I just got my wireless adaptor and am about to flash my firmware for the first time.

I've been playing the e3 demos all afternoon, but I'm gutted, I can't download from the garden
frown.gif

Anyway, next post of mine will either be very happy or savagely pissed off, wish me luck

|fmc|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn