OP
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
I know i'm just new and stuff but I have been into the DS scene long time.
tongue.gif

I just wanted to say that i've created a video that shows you how to create a 'cotton stick' flashing tool since I don't like the toothpick thingy. xD

Here's the youtube link

I have flashed alot of ds's on this way and I never had a brick.
smile.gif

striding

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,
I know i'm just new and stuff but I have been into the DS scene long time.
tongue.gif

I just wanted to say that i've created a video that shows you how to create a 'cotton stick' flashing tool since I don't like the toothpick thingy. xD

Here's the youtube link

I have flashed alot of ds's on this way and I never had a brick.
smile.gif
Thankz for sharing, This flash tool is so gd much better than the toothpick and scotch tape Great stuff.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Wow, thanks! Nice idea, I've always used a toothpick and was always worried that I'd short the screw near SL1 (never did, thankfully). I'm about to flash another Lite next week, so this will come in handy.
smile.gif

Good video and a nice tip for people who still want to flash their DS's.
Well, if you pull it off, your DS is software brickproof.
wink.gif

D

Deleted User

ooo... me likey, next time I flash my DS to FWNitro or something, I will remember to use that instead of a screw driver.

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried to do the whole wrap-the-foil-around-the-toothpick thing and it didn't really work too well.. I ended up flashing it with just rolled up foil.... It's amazing how I managed to not short it out
laugh.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
krazykirk said:
I tried to do the whole wrap-the-foil-around-the-toothpick thing and it didn't really work too well.. I ended up flashing it with just rolled up foil.... It's amazing how I managed to not short it out
laugh.gif
With a Phat, that's not too surprising. If you have a Lite however, you're very lucky you didn't hit the contact right next to the SL-1 contact, as that would have caused the DS to turn off in all likelihood.

704jaffer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I check out my q-tips, not the right type. But I realized when opening my DS that my set of small bits are all very slender for almost a centimeter. I used one of my hex bits and it worked perfectly.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Okay I finally got my lazy ass off to flashing my 2nd DS. And this time as I looked I noticed something: the goddamn toothpicks ARE THIN! I don't understand why all the fuss about flashme failsafing. You can CLEARLY see the toothpick as you're inserting it and move it around. Just keep it oriented to the right as possible, propping it against the left side of the hole. And is it just me or did the flashing get faster? This one took about 10 seconds I coulda sworn the first took 30. Nervousness much? XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup