Flashme NDS-DSL

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by imgod22222, Aug 23, 2006.

Aug 23, 2006

Flashme NDS-DSL by imgod22222 at 2:52 AM (1,021 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. imgod22222
    OP

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    Is there a way that flashme can be modified (NDS) to control how much power is going to the backlight to "bloom" and to make the backlight dimmer so it has 4 brightnesses like the DSL?

I mean, computers can be O/C'ed through the OS, so why can't the DS have the backlight "overclocked" (i use overclocked to mean sending more current to it) so it's brighter through software or firmware? Or will this kill the life of the backlight too significantly or be impossible?

2. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    it is possible, I've read where people just used a beta version of the DS lite version of flashme and it gave them brightness settings on there DS phats, but it does kill batter life, as the the DS lite has a stronger battery, which is why you need a different power adapter for the DS lite.

3. imgod22222
    OP

United States
    where is that beta available to downoad?
    (Does it kill the max amount of charge the battery can hold, or just kill the working time from like 10 hours to 8 or something?)

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Flashme V7 will change how bright the light is. You just go to the menu and press the sun icon to make it brighter. This will only work on the newer DSs though. Firmware V4 and V5 I think.

5. imgod22222
    OP

United States
    Well, if i remember, before I flashed it, i had a V2 (blue firmware screen)

6. Falkentyne

Member Falkentyne GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Question for you guys, and a search turned up no conclusive answers:

Can you get the 4 brightness levels on a V6 firmware ?
    Someone once said they didn't think it worked, but I don't think they *had* a V6 firmware to try....

It's also worth noting that "noflashme.nds" installs a v6 firmware....(which does have the 4 brightness levels, but crashes most options on a DS Lite).

7. apofaz

Member apofaz GBAtemp Regular

Namibia
    well, it should actually work on newer firmwares. you can see the firmware of the ds before the flashme-process. i just upgraded my ds to flashme v7 but since mine is v3 I don't have any brightness controls. just upgrade flashme and you'll see, there is nothing you can ruin.