Flashme killed my touchscreen

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by cheesyPOOF5, Mar 7, 2007.

Mar 7, 2007
  1. cheesyPOOF5
    OP

Member cheesyPOOF5 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I flashme'd my new DSlite. It worked fine until I noticed the bottom left corner of the screen wasn't calibrated right. None of my recalibration techniques worked so I decided to unflash. Now my screen is still uncalibrated and even worse, when I try to go into setup my DS freezes (even worse I cant enter DS download play or pictochat). Is there some fix for this? [​IMG]

2. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    It's likely you used an older version of flashme (and possibly noflashme as well). Your best bet is to find the newest version, then flash your DS again.

3. cheesyPOOF5
    OP

United States
    Ok...where can I find a copy of flashme that's for sure the newest version?

4. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    Firstly, what is the size of the flashme file you used?

The other possibility is that there are DS Lites with new firmware now.

Edit: I've just double-checked, and I've confirmed the latest version is at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/FlashMe
    However, that may not be the latest version of noflashme - one was released one specifically for lites. Grab it here.

5. cheesyPOOF5
    OP

United States
    I have no idea what the size of the flashme was because I reformatted my comp, but the noflash was 1.51 MB

6. James Kudo

Member James Kudo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This happened to me awhile back on my DSphat.

I reinstalled Flashme like three times and the touchscreen was back to normal.

What a relief that was. [​IMG]

7. cheesyPOOF5
    OP

United States
    SO should I just try to run that noflashme, even if Ive already ran the wrong version of noflashme? Or should I install the newest version of flashme then run the noflashme you posted?

8. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    The screen calibration fault also happens to unflashed DS's, it probably wasn't flashme that caused it, it might just be coincidence.

9. cheesyPOOF5
    OP

United States
    Thanks guys for the help, my DS menu is now navigatable again, now I'm back to the original problem (that I know now isn't caused by flashme). The bottom left section of my screen isn't calibrated right, and when I calibrate my screen, I don't get one of those squares in that section when I calibrate my screen, so I can't get it to work right, is there a fix for THIS?

10. 7llusion

Member 7llusion GBAtemp Regular

France
    Do you mean the DS acts as if the touchscreen is littler than the real screen, because I have the same prob on an unflashed DS, maybye you never noticed, I'm not sure if its flashme or not that did this to your ds.

11. cheesyPOOF5
    OP

United States
    I have noticed it's not flashme, but it's only on the lower left parrt of the screen. So if something is on the far left side of the bottom section of the screen, I can't press it.