Hacking flashme glitch

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how this is weird at all. You had to short the SL-1 contact in the first place so that you could write to the protected portion of the firmware, which is where FlashMe put its recovery code. Now that you're uninstalling FlashMe, it needs to replace that recovery code with whatever originally took up that space in the original firmware. Thus, you must short the contact again.

You wouldn't want FlashMe to leave behind any bits of its own code, would you?

EDIT: oh, I see, you're saying that it's weird that it requires you to short it at different times. That's not really a bug or a glitch. It just means that it installs/uninstalls different parts of the firmware in a different order. Though I am rather confused by your 34% number - when installing FlashMe, you should have to short SL-1 in order to get it up from 0%. If you can get up to 34% without having to short anything, then your firmware isn't really protected at all.

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
OP
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
DanTheManMS said:
EDIT: oh, I see, you're saying that it's weird that it requires you to short it at different times. That's not really a bug or a glitch. It just means that it installs/uninstalls different parts of the firmware in a different order. Though I am rather confused by your 34% number - when installing FlashMe, you should have to short SL-1 in order to get it up from 0%. If you can get up to 34% without having to short anything, then your firmware isn't really protected at all.
really!?!

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's what I think as well, when I was installing FlashMe, I had to short SL-1 to get up from 0, and as soon as i stopped shorting, the progress would stop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s