Flashme... Defults to Brightest Setting

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by zragnarok, Sep 26, 2006.

Sep 26, 2006
  1. zragnarok
    OP

Member zragnarok GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I flashme'd my Lite/EZ4-Deluxe using the instructions on Gbtatemp
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=33481

everything went well, but i have one brightness issue
    if I load to the normal DS menu, i can cycle through all 4 stages of brightness...
    however, when I load the EZ4 loader, then it defaults to (i believe) the brightest setting... i like using the second dimmest setting. So I load back into the DS menu (remove flashcart) and change the brightness to the second lowest and turn it off.. then I put in the flashcart and boot and the screen is too bright again

im pretty sure I hvae v7, because I downloaded it off the link given in the GBAtemp guide and it has the CRC value CRC32: 0D8B19AE

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    not having a ez4, I can't say that this isn't related to the ez flashcarts, but are you sure it just isn't ez4's menu system that for some reason always uses the brightest setting? During gameplay the games should always follow the DS bios setting for brightness (unless there's an ingame setting to change brightness). I'm sure you have the right flashme since you can scroll through the 4 brightness settings in the bios to start with. But maybe ez4 does something funky at startup to change the brightness to brightest everytime.....haven't heard of that though.

3. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    0D8B19AE is the correct CRC of flashme_stealth.nds (V7 with the 4 brightness settings), so that's good. Don't have an EZ4 so can't help you with the rest [​IMG]

4. bobbyblunt

Newcomer bobbyblunt Advanced Member

I have an EZ4 lite (non deluxe) and flashme (non stealth)
    I do not have any brightness setting problems with it.
    I set it to second dimmest and in EZ4 menu it is also second dimmest.

5. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    Ditto to what bobbyblunt said.

Are you sure it's not on the second brightest setting? Maybe some further testing is required?

6. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    Have you guys noticed that with your flashed DSes, if you set the brightness and turn on your DS, it'll flicker and flash two different brightness levels then reverts to the one you selected?