Hacking FlashMe and Rudolph's Slot-2 NDS BackUp Homebrew

mysticdrake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I have an EZ Flash IV deluxe and have previously used it to backup NDS games with Rudolph's Slot-2 Backup Utility. However, after I flashed my DS, the utility freezes with the top screen saying "Reading of File list." I've tried it on two different DS's flashed with v8. Strangely the EZ5 3in1 backu still works fine. Has anyone else experienced this glitch and is there any way of fixing it other than unflashing the DS?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use and EZ4 (lite original latest software across the board) with flashme (albeit V7 which may be the key as v8 added a bit of DS slot stuff) and it has worked fine since day 1.

mysticdrake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
flashme v7 doesn't have a no-auto option right? so if i have a slot-1 flashcart and a slot-2 flashcart, it would automatically boot up slot-2? I tend to use my slot-1 card more...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was a hacked version of v7 made before loopy/olimar appeared again but assuming you can boot your DS slot card from the main menu then there is always the select button.
I seem to recall a hacked version of the EZ4 loader way back when that forced you to force boot the GBA slot (a,b, x and y if memory serves) to get the DS loader and I could update it for modulo's hacked loaders if necessary (I just have to remove the "DS code" triggers (PASS and something else in the header)).

mysticdrake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using the hacked EZ4 loader, I could then use v7, and it wouldn't load slot-2 unless I hit the button combination? If that's what you mean, that would be awesome. Thanx

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool works perfectly for me with my NDSL flashed with no autoboot Flashme v8a and my EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe.

mysticdrake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm... that's really strange... I don't know why it doesn't work for me then. I've been using the 3in1 and it can get annoying with large rom files.

Do you use a slot-1 card as a passkey at all or do you just use the ez4?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr