FlashMe and Download Play

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by GexX2, Oct 26, 2006.

Oct 26, 2006

FlashMe and Download Play by GexX2 at 2:00 PM (1,372 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. GexX2
    OP

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    Ok, FlashMe noob here. I've noticed that I can't send a wireless signal out to other DS's from DS Roms. I'm using a PassCard 3. If I install FlashMe, what advantages do I get over a PassCard 3. Can I broadcast normally again?

2. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

No actually, it's the receiver's DS that needs to be flashed, not the senders.
    OR, get a DS-Xtreme. You can use download play perfectly with it, no need to flash.

3. GexX2
    OP

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    Ah, thanks. So it goes, FlashMe - > FlashMe DL Play = WORKS, Flashme - > UnFlashed = Fails. What about Unflashed to Flashed? And do all Slot 1 devices fully support download play broadcasting? Or just DS-X? Cuz DS-X is pricey. :\ And I just bought a G6 Lite D:

4. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    unflashed to flashed will work. Not all slot 1 devices fully support download play accordingly. Your best best is flashing with the g6 lite you just purchased. If you're going to use the g6 lite to flash however, excercise some caution and preparation because you cannot access recovery mode with a g6...though I've now flashed 7 ds lites now with a g6 and have never had to use the recovery mode once.

5. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    nonflashed to nonflashed = works
    flashed to flashed = works
    nonflashed to flashed = works
    flashed to nonflashed = doesnt work with all games

6. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States

• not necessarily so. It's because patching to run from Slot 2 will likely mess up download play RSA keys, it's rom-> unflashed = doesn't work. it has nothing to do with whether or not the sender is flashed.

7. GexX2
    OP

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    Ok, so Download play with Roms is pretty much out of the question in a slot 2 solution? If the rom patcher stuff is true, couldn't flashkit patch software be upgraded with the option to keep RSA Keys intact?

8. drfreeman

Newcomer drfreeman Member

So what about flashed to nonflashed+PassKey? Both with SuperCard inserted [​IMG] ?

9. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Not guaranteed, may work due to lack fo RSA signature requirement. Best method to make sure it works is ANY KIND OF DS USING ANY PASSME sending to a FLASHED ds.

10. outphase

United States
    How does the PassKey suddenly affect Download Play? Then again, if both have a SC, why not play multicard multiplayer?

11. jhoff80

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've attempted non-flashed with PassKey2 (DS Lite) to flashed (DS) before and with certain games it doesn't work. The most recent example I can think of is Clubhouse Games.

12. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    I've never claimed 100% compatibility. In fact I have heard reports of some games not working. But the highest compatibility has to come with the receiving DS being flashed. Should be ok with over 95% of the games.

13. outphase

United States
    Soft Reset also is the biggest killer of Download Play.

14. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Sometimes I feel like only me and you support flashing these days. Everyone's looking for a reason not to flash when it's easier than breathing air (ok maybe not that easy, easier than breathing air during a cold =P)

15. GexX2
    OP

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    Flashing a lite seems easy as long as you insulate your properly and plug in your power cord.. And as long a you know your left and right.

16. jhoff80

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

Thanks for the information on soft resets ruining download play, I hadn't heard that before, I'll try re-patching it to see if that helps. As for not flashing my DS Lite, I just have bad luck when doing these things so I'm worried about being able to insulate it properly. I'm going to be getting a new cart soon anyway, so I'm probably just going to get a slot 1 card anyway, probably the DS-X, since I have the original M3 SD which sticks out a ton from my new Lite.

Edit: Tried it this time with No Trim, No Soft Reset, and Normal mode on the M3 SD, so I'll have to try that for any other game I find that doesn't work, again, thanks for pointing that out.