Hacking Flashing your DS.

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I've read some stories about people who have fucked their DS by flashing it.

My question is: Why do people flash? I mean, what's the point? I'm fairly new to the scene, and as far as I can see, there's no point flashing if you have a flash card? Or are there any other reasons people flash?

Thanks for updating me
cool.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I flashed mine because I have a slot-2 flash cart and with FlashMe I don't need to have my Max Media Launcher (PassMe varient) on me.
But you can flash an alternative firmware for a different front end, can't remember the name of the one I used previously.

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, damned fast replies
laugh.gif

lol, two people replying already
tongue.gif

I guess I won't explain it then, just link you to my guide;
http://nds.scorpei.com/TBGTDSHB.html
I cover the history of DS homebrew briefly in there and all passthrough methods
wink.gif

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I flashed mine because I have a slot-2 flash cart and with FlashMe I don't need to have my Max Media Launcher (PassMe varient) on me.
But you can flash an alternative firmware for a different front end, can't remember the name of the one I used previously.

So you've flashed your DS successfully? Are there any other advantages except a different frontend? :=

jaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Also if you are really annoyed at the "Touch the screen to continue" screen for some reason then you can remove it by flashing or you could also use it to change the phat DS firmware into the DS lite firmware for the extra brightness settings.

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you serious? Can my Phat be flashed to use the Lite firmware? If so, I'm so going to try it. I have like three Phat's I never use.

Any more info on this, please?
smile.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
My DS phat is also flashed (and I've also flashed a lite without any problems) but with flashme-stealth. No change on the outside only when you use a slot-2 card you don't need a passthrough device as the flashed DS detects and boots it itself.

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

go185

Trophies
XP
Country
The later model DS Phats that were released in Europe had the same screens the DS Lite uses, so those DSs could be flashed with Flashme for DSL and can use the brightness settings.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never bothered to flash my DS, but from what I've read on various forums, Flashme is for:

1. Running DS games from a slot 2 flashcard without the need for a passkey.

2. Getting rid of the health screen at boot-up.

3. To make download play work with flashcarts.

Am I missing anything?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Get a Slot-2 Card incase you brick. If you have a Slot-1 recovery mode likely won't work as it didn't with my R4DS. So I had to use my M3Lite To flash it back..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night