Flashing the Lite-On Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Yoshimashin, Mar 16, 2009.

Mar 16, 2009

Flashing the Lite-On Drive by Yoshimashin at 8:11 PM (1,157 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Yoshimashin
    OP

Member Yoshimashin Penguin Spy

United States
    I went and bought myself a connectivity kit with the solderless probe.

Do I need to do anything special to hack these drives?

2. Arch Feline

Member Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have not purchased the xecuter or maximus kits yet. I get the impression that you first must peel off the drive key. Then you must flash another DVD reader such as a Samsung with the key and replace the lite-on with the Samsung.

I hope that this is not true but wishing does not change anything.

3. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    The LiteOn drives are now moddable like the other drives. I do nto knwo how or what is involved but OzModChips in Australia can mod LiteOn drives so I assume others also now know how to do this.

4. Arch Feline

United States
    What we want is flashable. Replacing the flash-locked Lite-On with a Samsung is a mod.

OK, here is what I found on Oz' site:

Modding your Xbox through OzModChips is painless. Post your console in, or get it down around Australa. The 360 is modded through the DVD drive firmware (like software). Modding a 360 consists of extracting your firmware, software hacking it, and then putting it back on your DVD drive. It is a fairly complex process when you read up about it, but OzModChips installer can be trusted to get the job done in a flash (Pun intended).

So you need to extract the firmware for the drive. It is not enough to peel the keys. Duh, how do we extract the firmware? Is there a torrent?

I am reading the Jungle flasher Tutorial pdf. I recommend it.

5. Blue Zoidberg

Member Blue Zoidberg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Lite-On drives can be flashed, thus ixtreme firmware for it.
    I believe there's an extra step involved, but i'm pretty sure the jungle flasher does it for you?
    I've got a lite-on so I'm reading everything carefully [​IMG]

6. Arch Feline

United States
    Yes, I have been reading the JungleFlasher.pdf file and it seems that if your computer already has a SATA plug on it and you buy the Maxima or xecuter sets you just install jungleflasher and follow the instructions. the hard part is paying for the Maxima or xecuter and taking your XBOX 360 apart.

March 20th But I found someone on Craig's List who will do it for me tomorrow.

7. Yoshimashin
    OP

Member Yoshimashin Penguin Spy

United States
    I bought the kits already but I still haven't received them yet.

So JungleFlasher has a step-by-step process for it?

8. Arch Feline

United States
    The guy who just did my XBOX 360 did exactly what the Jungle Flasher pdf says. All I can figure is that somehow some people call the BENQ a lite-on. This guy made his own probe by the way.

9. velocity37

Member velocity37 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The JungleFlasher User Guide explains all the steps for both the 360 xtractor and connectivity kit. It also explains the process of uninstalling VIA chipset drivers.

For the 360 xtractor you'll need to install the USB driver if you're not going to use the serial interface. Find the right COM port, and then you can do the whole process within Jungleflasher.