Hacking Flashing region swapped emuNAND to sysNAND

gog3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a working backup of my N3DS' region swapped emuNAND on 9.2.0-20U. I've been reading and I've seen mixed answers when it comes to the safety of flashing emuNAND to sysNAND, but overall it seems to be safe. My question is would it be safe to flash my region swapped emuNAND to my sysNAND?
I have a valid backup of my sysNAND and I'm confident enough in my soldering skills to hardmod if something goes wrong.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a working backup of my N3DS' region swapped emuNAND on 9.2.0-20U. I've been reading and I've seen mixed answers when it comes to the safety of flashing emuNAND to sysNAND, but overall it seems to be safe. My question is would it be safe to flash my region swapped emuNAND to my sysNAND?
I have a valid backup of my sysNAND and I'm confident enough in my soldering skills to hardmod if something goes wrong.

I suggest you to do the hard mod BEFORE attempting this...
N3DS is soooo picky with this hard mod... not every SD reader works and the ones proven to work **MAY** not work for your N3DS.

Play safe before!

Good luck!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've used something like the 'public donor' SecureInfo_A file to change your region, you may end up with your console banned in the future; whether or not that'd extend to your 'old' NAND, should you reflash it, is something I don't know about.

Regardless, if it's a proper swap, it's no riskier than reflahing any other NAND backup.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Wire length is also important. Mine had to be around 10-15cm.

Mine is short as well.
Actually I use a micro USB connection paired with a little USB cable with a SD adapter in the other side. It's 15cm long. Of course you have to take the wiring inside the console with the micro USB in consideration.

That didn't work

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is short as well.
Actually I use a micro USB connection paired with a little USB cable with a SD adapter in the other side. It's 15cm long. Of course you have to take the wiring inside the console with the micro USB in consideration.

That didn't work

Well by 15cm I meant 15cm from solder joint to computer. Veeery short. I only had like 2-3 inches actually outside my N3DS.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my town it took me 14 shops to find 2 N3DS with 9.0.0 pre installed.

Gateway possible N3DS are getting less and lesser, in the other forum
i support, someone killed his N3DS because he got careless and another
one intends to install legit cia's and then to upgrade...

I took anker's 2 slot card reader that works well.

Before messing with sysNAND, you should hardmod it and make sure
your test dumps come out fine every time 100% with the same MD5.

If you never soldered anything, train your skills before messing
with your precious N3DS! Use thin tinned wire and not longer than
at max. 10cm!

gog3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've used something like the 'public donor' SecureInfo_A file to change your region, you may end up with your console banned in the future; whether or not that'd extend to your 'old' NAND, should you reflash it, is something I don't know about.

Regardless, if it's a proper swap, it's no riskier than reflahing any other NAND backup.

I used the SecureInfo_A from my old US 3DS XL. I'll give it a go.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flash was successful! My AUS N3DS is now a US N3DS.
Cool. Good to know but this would be pointless for be just because I own a japan copy of zelda Oot for my Jap N3ds for gateway. If I change my sysnand to USA I would have to buy a usa copy of zelda Oot and my emunand wouldn't work any more since it 9.5J and I would need emunand 9.5U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: