Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
This won't work. You need a patched TWL firm or luma3ds to launch custom DSi ware titles. And I'm not sure if sudoku will work with dsiware...

Posted with my LG G5 using Tapatalk
To install a vunrelable sudoku you'll need to install an unsigned CIA and to do so, you need to be on cfw :P . the sudoku on the eshop is patched...

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Be a good friend and get a hard mod done. I would if I botched up my friends console, its least you could do or get a new console that is exploitable. Save all the hassle at the moment imo.

Reactions: Purge

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If there was a second arm9 hacked 3ds around, sure. It would be able to donate a hacked dsiware game via system transfer. I doubt injected twl sysnand titles would transfer though. Would have to be a totally legit title with a hacked save file to go through.
Edit: deleted. But if the save file is the only hacked part, why do you need to be able to system transfer it, can't you always use JKSM with homebrew? If the title is rare, it would have to be bought (unsigned content does not transfer, even legit stuff only transfers to a CFW 3DS), and there would be a severe shortage if consoles with this game on, and when transferred it would be gone from the source system. And if you can still buy this game then why do you need the other 3DS when you could use JKSM? Seems illogical.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be a good friend and get a hard mod done. I would if I botched up my friends console, its least you could do or get a new console that is exploitable. Save all the hassle at the moment imo.
Yep I totally agree. But he should probably ask whether his friend prefers a hard mod or a new 3DS on exploitable firmware. I personally would never get a hard mod because I don't want a hole in the back of my 3DS. Honestly OP is kinda obligated to pay for either of these considering he completely ruined any chance his friend had of hacking that 3DS atm. And I'm not basing this on anything concrete but I get the feeling that 11.0 isn't gonna be another 10.7 (where we barely had to wait for it to become exploitable). I think it'll be more like how browserhax probably won't ever be available on newer firmware (or at least not for a very long time).

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
The hole on the back of a hardmodded 3DS is no different from another charging or infrared port, really.

Btw, why choose between hardmod and hackable system? This system will always be unhackable at this time without a hardmod.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hole on the back of a hardmodded 3DS is no different from another charging or infrared port, really.

Btw, why choose between hardmod and hackable system? This system will always be unhackable at this time without a hardmod.
He doesn't really need it hacked, he's mildly interested in doing so. If I gave it to him back the way it is he wouldn't care. Not going to hardmod a system when he doesn't care too much - the DSiWare method is really interesting - I do own a few games but none of the hackable ones. Can you inject raw game data into a separate, legit signed DSiWare app and boot?

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I like this parts:
I've been told already that the NAND can't be written to without escalated permissions but I have evidence to counter this thought. I was able to dump and flash my NAND on 9.2 without any kernel access back in 2015 using Gateway's launcher tool.
"NAND on 9.2" and "any kernel access" cracks me up.

I'm not trying to downgrade the system by reinstalling titles, but trying to straight restore a NAND dump - which I've read can be done in DSi mode under the right circumstances.
So what's the difference lol.

I suppose I'm asking, is it possible to restore it in userland or is the TWL mode for standard DS have access to NAND writing and would that work with a flashcart? I don't want to hardmod the system (or pay for it).
Translated for you "FREEE GAEMS Pl0X RIGT NOA" - sigh -

I'm just trying to get a solid answer on whether or not this is feasible at all right now in some way now.

Not feasible, you fucked up with a friends system. Unless you have foreseen this scenario and placed some protections in there you are pretty much fucked.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Blaine20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude i love this i'm so glad i made several nand backups to my pc im getting sudoku today for eshop thats the one correct ? anyways sorry for typos really excited :D

If OP has a Cyclo DSi evolution, sudokuhax or another way to exploit twl (r4 wood twl mode loader for example) , then he could be lucky:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/page-35#post-6073292

I tried that with sudokuhax in emunand and it worked. I successfully dumped and restored my nand. But you have to compile it. If you want it, Ask me, I have a compiled version.
33caf8ae474095787c39266e206ea41d.jpg

einhuman197

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dude i love this i'm so glad i made several nand backups to my pc im getting sudoku today for eshop thats the one correct ? anyways sorry for typos really excited :D
Unfortunately sudoku in the eshop is a patched version which isn't hackable. To install sudokuhax you have to follow this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-new-installing-sudokuhax-on-3ds-4-x-9-2.388621/

Or you put the sudoku nds and it's save from the tutorial on your 3ds and inject the files with godmode9.

Posted with my LG G5 using Tapatalk

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like this parts:

"NAND on 9.2" and "any kernel access" cracks me up.

So what's the difference lol.

Translated for you "FREEE GAEMS Pl0X RIGT NOA" - sigh -

Not feasible, you fucked up with a friends system. Unless you have foreseen this scenario and placed some protections in there you are pretty much fucked.
The difference being writing files to the NAND and downgrading system titles are separate things. And fuck off, said friend has purchased a ton of real games and still planned to - he just wanted to have the option. I don't need to hear shit from someone who probably gets off on frequenting r/3dshacks every day

Last edited by lisreal2401,

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't be dicking with something you're not too familiar with......cuz if you've done this a couple times you'd know not what to do? Or at least know that you need a failsafe way to restore back to original? just sayin...

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't be dicking with something you're not too familiar with......cuz if you've done this a couple times you'd know not what to do? Or at least know that you need a failsafe way to restore back to original? just sayin...
My New 3DS is running an emuNAND originally from a American old 3DS that I frankenstined from the original Japanese files. Including all my StreetPass, Activity Log, and game licenses etc. which took hours upon hours to do correctly and all without a hardmod. I messed up here because I forgot to run TinyFormat before downgrading to 2.1.0 and thus here we are.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
The difference being writing files to the NAND and downgrading system titles are separate things. And fuck off, said friend has purchased a ton of real games and still planned to - he just wanted to have the option. I don't need to hear shit from someone who probably gets off on frequenting r/3dshacks every day

It's funny because you have literally no idea what you talking about. Not a single thing.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom