flashing flash2advance with acekard 2i saves dont work

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by slickochet, Jan 11, 2012.

1. slickochet
    OP

Newcomer slickochet Member

United Kingdom
    Hi folks

Been stuck on an annoying problem for a while and was just wondering if anyone here would be able to help out.

I've had an acekard 2i for a while now but have only recently got round to trying out the slot2 capabilities of it to flash games to an old gba flash cart.

Im running the newest version of akaio on the acekard in slot 1 and am using a flash2advance 256mb in slot 2.

I have read that the flash2advance is not entirely supported by the fas1 plugin that akaio uses, but I have tried flashing a few games and saves, and the games themselves always work okay, and the saves seem to flash okay (despite a warning when its not a 64k save) but the gba game can never seem to find the save.

I have looked for similar topics on here already and have tried the patching mentioned in the thread here: http://gbatemp.net/topic/283790-acekard-2i-and-flash2advance/page__hl__flash2advance__fromsearch__1 but with no success.

I was wondering if anyone would have any more ideas or tell me if im going wrong somewhere?

Thanks in advance

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Have you tried GBAExploader? It's a homebrew application that loads GBA ROMs as well as saves into slot 2 devices. It functions very well, try it and see if it works.

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=10382

3. slickochet
    OP

Newcomer slickochet Member

United Kingdom
    thanks for the suggestion.

I had a go with this, but it doesnt seem to work too well either. from what I read elsewhere, i dont think it supports flash2advance?

4. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    You tried Pogoshell with the Flash2Advance? I never have luck with standard GBA games on a F2A. Plus Pogoshell is awesome.