Hacking Flashing a Non-flashed DS Lite with Supercard

Jannibal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now, my young, strapping men (and women, perhaps) I, Jannibal, would appreciate some help with a small questionmark that I want to sort out.
Well, here goes;
The thing is that I have a newly bought DS Lite which hasn't been flashed yet. So I figure that if I want to flash it I'd need a passme-device. So I buy myself a Superkey to accompany my new Supercard Mini. I place the newest Firmware of Flashme on the Supercard (Version 7, that is) and boot the DS up with my Superkey in it. And it works like a charm, I have a nice Supercard menu with the contents of my Mini-SD card showing up there. I locate the Flashme.nds and try to execute it. Then my screens just turn white when I do. What is this supposed to mean? Am I doing anything wrong? Am I just another fool that should have RTFM? If so, tell me what I'm doing wrong and call me an idiot...

Thanks in advance!
//Jannibal IV

Doss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, are u using the latest Kernel v1.62? dunno if it will help but its worth a try
smile.gif

Jannibal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
u gonna have to append a loader to the flashme.nds before it will run on the SC. Or fire up Moonshell and then start Flashme.nds thru it.
You can start things through Moonshell now? Awesome!
I'll try it right away!

Edit:
Still got the white screens through Moonshell. I don't know if I got the newest one though. And that loader, is it the one that is over at http://ds.gcdev.com/dsfirmware/ ? Should I append it using the copy /b command in Cmd?
I mean, I've flashed like 4 DS PHat's in my days, what the dog-noggin' has happened to my knowledge here?

Jannibal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Follow this guide, it should answer all ur questions
biggrin.gif

Thanks! Now it works! Flashed and done! But I'd like to explain something wierd here. I couldn't flash it with the non-stealth one (which doesn't matter much really, since I just want to be able to use my DS with all software without the Superkey in it). The thing is that I couldn't start the standard Flashme.nds through the SC-menu, or through Moonshell or even if it was appended to the loader that was on Flashme's page there. But as soon as I tried the Stealth-version it started directly from the SC-menu, without appending or Moonshelling.

Anyone that knows the cause of this? Did my DS have a new firmware that the Flashme-team haven't seen yet? Any suggestions? Very odd indeed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands