Flashing a Non-flashed DS Lite with Supercard

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Jannibal, Jul 5, 2006.

Jul 5, 2006
  1. Jannibal
    OP

Newcomer Jannibal Member

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    Now, my young, strapping men (and women, perhaps) I, Jannibal, would appreciate some help with a small questionmark that I want to sort out.
    Well, here goes;
    The thing is that I have a newly bought DS Lite which hasn't been flashed yet. So I figure that if I want to flash it I'd need a passme-device. So I buy myself a Superkey to accompany my new Supercard Mini. I place the newest Firmware of Flashme on the Supercard (Version 7, that is) and boot the DS up with my Superkey in it. And it works like a charm, I have a nice Supercard menu with the contents of my Mini-SD card showing up there. I locate the Flashme.nds and try to execute it. Then my screens just turn white when I do. What is this supposed to mean? Am I doing anything wrong? Am I just another fool that should have RTFM? If so, tell me what I'm doing wrong and call me an idiot...

Thanks in advance!
    //Jannibal IV

2. Doss

Newcomer Doss Member

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Don't convert the Flashme.nds with ur Supercard software, just copy it straight across.

3. Jannibal
    OP

Newcomer Jannibal Member

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    That's the way I've been doing it. So that's not helping, sadly.
    So, I'm not yet considered an idiot, regretfully.

4. Doss

Newcomer Doss Member

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Ok, are u using the latest Kernel v1.62? dunno if it will help but its worth a try [​IMG]

5. Jannibal
    OP

Newcomer Jannibal Member

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    I already have that one too. I'm a former user of Supercard (old version) and the DS PHat (but it got stolen, argh!), but I can't get that Flashme to work on this equipment.

6. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

Featured Posts:
    United States
    u gonna have to append a loader to the flashme.nds before it will run on the SC. Or fire up Moonshell and then start Flashme.nds thru it.

7. Jannibal
    OP

Newcomer Jannibal Member

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    You can start things through Moonshell now? Awesome!
    I'll try it right away!

Edit:
    Still got the white screens through Moonshell. I don't know if I got the newest one though. And that loader, is it the one that is over at http://ds.gcdev.com/dsfirmware/ ? Should I append it using the copy /b command in Cmd?
    I mean, I've flashed like 4 DS PHat's in my days, what the dog-noggin' has happened to my knowledge here?

8. 754boy

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Yeah, but it wont start .dsq files that have been patched with the SC software. Mostly homebrew and stuff.

9. Doss

Newcomer Doss Member

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Have u tried a different copy of FlashMe?

try FlashMe and FlashMe Stealth to see if u get a white screen with both.

10. 754boy

Featured Posts:
    United States
    That doesnt really matter. All the Flashme Stealth does is preserve that health and safety warning when u turn on ur DS. Thats what I use [​IMG]

11. Jannibal
    OP

Newcomer Jannibal Member

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    Flashme Stealth-version starts up, but my Firmware isn't recognised, wierdly. I can start the firmware flash with a press of the Start-button. Should I?

12. Doss

Newcomer Doss Member

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Follow this guide, it should answer all ur questions [​IMG]

13. Jannibal
    OP

Newcomer Jannibal Member

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    Thanks! Now it works! Flashed and done! But I'd like to explain something wierd here. I couldn't flash it with the non-stealth one (which doesn't matter much really, since I just want to be able to use my DS with all software without the Superkey in it). The thing is that I couldn't start the standard Flashme.nds through the SC-menu, or through Moonshell or even if it was appended to the loader that was on Flashme's page there. But as soon as I tried the Stealth-version it started directly from the SC-menu, without appending or Moonshelling.

Anyone that knows the cause of this? Did my DS have a new firmware that the Flashme-team haven't seen yet? Any suggestions? Very odd indeed...